Search

Hawaii in October?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 02:45 PM
Jean

Hawaii in October?

Considering a honeymoon in either Maui or Kauai.
How is the weather in October?
When's the best time to book (from the Midwest)?

Thanks for your help!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Tom

October is a great time to vacation in Maui. It's uncrowded and just the best. I'd suggest you consider staying in the Wailea area if you want perfect weather. The other areas can be iffy.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Ken

It is not accurate to say that Wailea is the only part of Maui that does not have "iffy" weather. Kihei has the same weather, and in fact the weather is very good all the way up the west side to Kaanapali. Any farther north on the west side and it MIGHT be wetter, especially in winter. Also, because Wailea is so dry it is also not as lush and scenic as some other parts of the island .

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:15 AM
GP

Jean
I have stayed in Kihei twice in October. It rained both times, not for long periods but just for a part of the day. I would not let the weather stop you from doing anything. The rain just adds to the tropical experience.

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:24 AM
bigcat

Rain season isn't until December to April. Usually quite hot and humid during October though, especially if there's a tropical storm lingering nearby (rarely ever hits the islands, but they kill off the trade winds)

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:56 AM
Sarah

On Kauai the season is November to May

Old May 1st, 2002, 08:04 AM
kcd

We spent our honeymoon in Oct. '99 in Maui and Kauai. The weather was perfect! You should watch the airfares (sign up for Travelocity Fare Watcher) to see when prices go down. I think they're pretty high right now.

Old May 1st, 2002, 08:49 AM
JohnR

My wife and I spent the first two weeks of October last year visiting the Big Island, Kauai and Maui. The weather was fine everywhere... one rainy day on Kauai but it didn't matter to us. The surf was up however so snorkeling on Kauai's north shore was occasionally tough.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 12:10 PM
mark

we're heading to Maui-Wailea for our honeymoon in October from Chicago. Do recommend staying at the Grand Wailea or the Four Seasons?

I think we're going to stay at The Whaler for the last 4 days or 11 Night honeymoon.

Thanks.