Inn at Harbor Steps or Hotel 1000

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need advise as to which is the best hotel to stay in: Hotel 1000 or the Inn at Harbor Steps. Our travels to Seattle will be once in a life time and we want to experience a very clean hotel while enjoying the best of downtown Seattle. Our once in a live time trip from Minnesota to Seattle
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 12:48 PM

Hotel 1000 is brand new and is doing everything it can to build a reputation for being THE best place to stay in Seattle. I toured the room recently; they reflect Pacific Rim elegance.

Inn and Harbor Steps is newish too. I think it is trying to be a "boutique" hotel. I haven't seen the rooms.

Of the two, I would definitely go for Hotel 1000.
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 12:57 PM
Neopolitan

I've posted my review of the Inn at Harbor Steps before. They have a really wonderful breakfast included, and their afternoon wine and appetizers are great. But the rooms are nothing special -- I though ours even smelled dusty. And because they're on the bottom floors of a tall building surrounded by other tall buildings they have no view and are a bit dark.

Were those you only two choices? This subject gets tossed around a lot here, and usually the top winner is a waterview room at Inn at the Market.
But there haven't been any real reports yet of Hotel 1000 that I know of. Stay there and let us know how you liked it.

Old Oct 4th, 2006, 12:29 PM

I checked both hotels at www.tripadvisor.com and, if reviews there are to be trusted, your choice is a toss up.
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 01:35 PM

My wife and I stayed at Harbor Steps this past July, and though it worked well for us, everything Neopolitan states is accurate. I would never describe the rooms as elegant, as happytrails has those at Hotel 1000. And though breakfasts and wine & cheese receptions are nice, Harbor Steps isn't of the size to offer amenities assumed at a larger hotel.

For a once in a lifetime visit, pick Hotel 1000. On subsequent visits, Harbor Steps will be great.
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 01:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
One poster on Trip Advisor forums recently stayed at Hotel 1000 and thought it was great (he posted both in the forum and the review section).

I've only seen Inn at Harbor Steps from the outside, but have been in condos in the same complex which were not that special. Plus Harbor Steps is near some 'adult entertainment' venues which kind of brings down the neighborhood imo.
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help. I chose the Hotel 1000-- after much studying.
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 07:52 AM

Once in a lifetime, money is no object?

Then I'd probably agree with the others that Harbor Steps is not that hotel.

However, we stayed there this past August, and our room was very nice. It was HUGE. And though it didn't have a view of the city or water, it opened to an inner courtyard via large patio doors. Also, excellent location, just a few blocks south of Pike Place Market.

My only gripe against it was something no-one else mentioned. I wasn't wowed by the breakfasts. Nice that they were included, but no even close to comparable to the awesome B&B breakfasts we had in Victoria.

Aim higher.