Info Needed on Car Rental Service in LA

May 3rd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Original Poster

Info Needed on Car Rental Service in LA

Hello Friends,

I am John Peter. I am looking for information on car rental service in LA. I hop all you my friends help me.

Thanks,
John
May 4th, 2009, 06:30 PM

What do you want to know? Every national rental company has multiple locations all over the LA Basin. Can't give you any help unless we know what questions you have . . . .
May 6th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Original Poster

Please let me know what types of rental cars and vehicles does offer in Los Angeles? How they will charge for that?
May 6th, 2009, 03:31 AM

Where are you going to pick it up? Airport, downtown, etc.
May 6th, 2009, 03:43 AM

How long of a rental as well?
May 7th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

I have to pick up from airport. One more thing can I rent a car with using my credit card? Did they charge some extra amount on that?
May 8th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Original Poster

I mean to said that are all the agencies support all the credit card?
May 8th, 2009, 03:22 AM
J62

I like to use www.orbitz.com for rental car price checking. Once I find the price I like I then book directly with the renting company - Hertz, Dollar, Avis, National, Alamo, Thrifty, are the bigger companies, plus Fox, Payless and maybe a few others at LA airport. I select by price - there is little difference between any of the cars you will rent.

Keep in mind that if they show a particular type of car for rent on the website that is simply a representative vehicle for that car class. You could get a similar car made by any other car company - it all depends on what they have available when you arrive.

Yes, you can use a credit card to rent a car. Your credit card will not be charged until you actually pick up a car. If you have a visa/mastercard/amex they will all be accepted.
May 8th, 2009, 04:52 AM

John, you almost have to rent with a credit card in the U.S., and all the car-rental companies take them. You'll have choices between several major car companies at LAX. I'd recommend that you reserve your car in advance of travel. It's almost always cheaper that way, and the airport doesn't always have cars for those without reservations (usually, but not always). You can rent any kind of car you want, from a hybrid Prius to a convertible to an SUV. Weekly rates are usually cheaper than daily rates. Insurance is expensive, but if you are not an American, I recommend it. You can buy insurance from a separate company, and that's often cheaper (Expedia, for example, now offers a collision-damage waiver for $9 per day in some cases if you book the car through them; it's usually more like $15 if you get it from the car-rental company.)

One caveat. I don't know how old you are, but it will be significantly more expensive if you are under 25.

Some car companies require you to guarantee a reservation with a credit card, some don't. Some even require payment in advance and have a cancellation/change penalty.

You can compare car rentals on a web site like Expedia.
May 8th, 2009, 06:37 AM

Do not use Fox rental at LAX. It is horrid. Long, long lines for the shuttle and the desk service. Really slow.