Search

Info for Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:50 AM
hardcandy

Info for Hawaii

I have never been to Hawaii and would like to go...what's the best time of year, and any idea of ball park figure for 2 weeks...I have a friend who said 8k! Thats sounds a little outrageous...thanks!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:17 PM
sheena

Where are you flying out from? What are your interests?

Have you checked w/ Pleasant Hawaiian for packages?

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Rose

I have visited Hawaii and there is so much to see and do that I would reccomend no less than 10 days, the more the better. After the airfare, you can get by rather inexpensively, depending on how important your lodging is to you. You can get a few standard hotel rooms for under $100 a night on most islands, that are clean and comfortable.not your resort type but who needs them if you are going to be out siteseeing most of the time! We also found many traditional fast food restaurants like on the mainland that are reasonably priced for food.
when I went (20 years ago) I saw 4 different islands, Oahu, Maui, Kaui, and the big island. All were very different from each other and all well worth the visit. For beauty, I really enjoyed Maui (that is where we are going to spend 10 days in Oct. this year). Kaui is very beautiful too, but we barely had time to see much of it, however the Wiemaea Canyon is truly spectacular there. The big island is probably the most interesting because of the volcanoes.We got to see eruptions when we were there. Awesome! Ouahu is very touristy, but worth the visit to see Pearl Harbor and diamonhead. As for time of year, we went in April and it seemd good as it was off-season. I think winter is their high season. If you are interested is seeing whales, go after October. Like the other respodant said, Pleasant Hawwaiian vacations is really a good site for planning a nice Hawaii trip.good luck!
Rose

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 08:08 PM
brenda

Excluding airfare and car, you can probably get by on 250 per day if you stay at moderate places and do not eat at the expensive restaurants. Souvenirs and activities will be extra of course.
Car will probably run you 150-200 per week for a compact. Airfare, well who knows? Good luck. I agree you should check for package deals. Sometimes you can score on a good deal for air/car/lodging. Probably the best way to go.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Dale B

If you don't mind surfing the 'net, check for deals on expedia or travelocity. Occasionally they'll have room and air deals pretty cheap. LAX to Kauai for 7 nights saw for $490 (includes hotel/air). Not a bad way to explore. All the islands are so different - figure out what you like to do - sip overpriced drinks with umbrellas, or going scuba diving - you can find some fun times.