Reload this Page >

Hyatt Windward Point - Key West

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Andy

My family and I (includes 2 teenagesrs) will be staying at this condo in June. Looking for advice on best places to dine out, recreation suggestions, etc. If anyone has stayed here, your comments please.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Sam

Didnt stay there but saw it. It looks nice but sterile and very plain but maybe they weren't done with it yet. Not near much of anything but the airport and a Benihana's. The teens might be very bored.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 06:18 PM
xxx

Consider staying somewhere in town so your teens can walk to where ever. There is not much on that side of the island but the beach. And if thats closed........you are screwed.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Danny

Do realize that June is HOT HOT HOT. We're from the Houston area (used to hot weather!) and really didn't enjoy Key West in June because of the heat and humidity.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 05:21 AM
susan

I second everything that's been said. June is low season for a reason: it's HOT and HUMID!! To add to your inconvenience, the Windward Pointe is in a really lousy location near the airport. If you're tied to the idea of staying in a Hyatt condo, try the Hyatt Sunset Harbor, which is near Mallory Square and within walking distance of lots of restaurants and tourist activities.

Parking is awful in Old Town (which is where you'll spend all your time) and very expensive, too. So if you stay at the Windward Pointe you'll have to either rely on the shuttle bus or renting bikes/mopeds.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 05:45 AM
Dennis

Andy, You and your family will be fine staying there. All of Florida is hot and humid in the summer. June is A LOT better than August. Don't let these negative people give you second thoughts about your trip!!!

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:13 AM
Sue

Weather.com says you can count on high 70 and low to mid 80's in June. Thats not my idea of brutally hot. The record high was 94 and the record low was 68. We enjoy Key West in June. The weather is nice and the town is less crowded. I am not familiar with the place you are asking about but if its near the airport I would pick something else.