HYATT CAMBRIDGE Resort

Search

HYATT CAMBRIDGE Resort

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HYATT CAMBRIDGE Resort

I just got 2 free nights at any Hyatt Hotel and/or Resort and thought we'd drive from NYC to stay here in Cambridge MD for a weekend in April. Anyone been here RECENTLY or before? Is it worth the 4.5 hour drive?
Is Annapolis MD close by or any other city worth visiting? Trying to figure out what other HYATT we could use those 2 free nights within driving distance from NYC. The promotion expires in APRIL so pressed for time to book..

THANKS!

THANKS!
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:34 AM

I've not been to that Hyatt, though I live in the DC area and have been to several Hyatt resorts. I don't think there are any alternatives in driving distance from NYC.

The eastern shore of the bay is a nice place to spend a weekend. It's free; I'd go for it.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:49 AM

We've been to the Hyatt in Cambridge twice, both times last spring (April and May), and are trying to find a weekend to go again soon. It's awesome. If you play golf, the course there is great, and should be plenty warm to play in April. The spa is fantastic, plus the indoor pool is quite nice and a great way to spend the afternoon. The restaurants are great, and the resort is very relaxing - lots of secluded rooms with fireplaces, etc. Nice grounds to walk around on the river. Annapolis is not that close, but Easton is very close and a town to walk around, similar to Annapolis. I can't recommend it enough. If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask. Have fun!
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 12:43 PM

I have been to the Hyatt in Cambridge many times. It's a beautiful complex. Not much to see/do in Cambridge but would recommend Easton which is approx. 20 mins. from Cambridge. Easton is a charming town with alot of neat shops. Would recommend Mason's for lunch or dinner. Annapolis is an hour from Cambridge.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 12:48 PM

Katie2, I wonder if we were there at the same time!
I agree, the Hyatt Cambridge is a lovely facility.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 04:06 PM

Gail
I have posted today also re: St. Michael's Maryland which is, from what I hear, maybe 30 minutes or so from Cambridge. Nice place to visit, also, I hear...as I am looking for a July side visit. I will be in Cambridge over a weekend for a sporting event. Friends have told me this Hyatt is a nice facility. Considering that, I checked rates for July when I will be there, and it's over $300/night everywhere I have checked...so looks like you're getting a bargain if it's free!
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all for the feedbacks. We will give this place a visit!! Hey for free, what do we have to lose!
Thanks again for all your recommendations!!