Hula Grill on Maui

Old Jun 28th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hula Grill on Maui

I understand there is a bar area and a dining area at this restaurant. Would I need advanced reservations to sit at the bar area and dine? Also, this is on the beach, right...or at least a beach view? Do both the bar and dining areas have good beach views?
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 08:47 AM

As I recall, Hula Grill has an inside seating area and an outside area directly on the sand. We did not have reservations and sat outside. I wouldn't say it is exactly on the beach; it is separated from the beach by a busy walkway leading to the main Kanapaali Beach area. There was some sort of entertainment too. We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, especially for people watching.
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 08:39 AM

I love Hula Grill! You won't need a reservation to sit at the "Barefoot Bar" with tables right on the sand. It is so fun. More casual menu than the indoor restaurant , which is pricier and more upscale, but I would prefer to sit outside. Great atmosphere! we had dinner there our first night in Hawaii and then went back 2 other nights after dinner for drinks and to soak in the atmosphere. I highly recommend the calamari and their homemade guava ketchup! It is often hard to find an inexpensive meal in Hawaii. This was the best value by far!
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 10:37 AM
jja

Actually, there is the formal dining outside. It is past the bar area and is great. Reservations are advised. If you would like a full meal, not a fish sandwich, you need the formal dining area. Although the Ahi Sandwich with there hot sauce is ecellent. We usually eat at the barefoot bar a couple times and the formal area once a trip. We love both areas. If we eat in the formal, we always go to the barefoot bar for a couple and walk back to the hotel. Hula Grill is a must if staying in Kaanapali.
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 10:41 AM

We had dinner at the Hula Grill a couple of times in May. Both times (around 7:30 to 8 PM), we had to wait about 30 minutes for a table at the Barefoot Bar. From the looks of it, there were quite a few open tables at the more formal inside eating area.