Search

Hudson Valley, NY

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 07:45 AM
BM

Hudson Valley, NY

Want to get a way for a couple of days midweek. Thinking of the Hudson Valley--but don't know which towns or areas are best. Any suggestions? B&Bs and restaurants?

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Karen

New Paltz is a nice area in the hudson valley as is Hyde Park and Rhinebeck across the hudson river. The Kington, Ny and Woodstock Ny also have lots of charm in certain areas.

Can not really help you on specifics of B&B's in the area. But do a search on Google.com using some of the town names I've listed and I'm sure that you will get some hits.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 02:06 PM
carter

At the risk of antagonizing all the very sensitive people on here, I would suggest a text search, as there have been several threads recently about weekends away on the Hudson. Just type in Rhinebeck or Hudson Valley.
Good luck.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 02:23 PM
Ann

The Traveler's Journal this month in Gourmet Magazine focuses on l0 Great Things About the Hudson Valley - farm stands, food, inns, antiques, etc. You may want to check it out.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Howard

Call 845-315-8841. The woman (I don't have her name) was the clearinghouse for available B&Bs in the Rhinebeck/Hyde Park area. If she's no longer doing it, she can probably give you the person who is. She was very helpful to us last year.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 04:27 PM
arjay

We have twice stayed in/near the town of Rhinebeck and find it a delightful base. There are several nice restaurants and it's convenient for poking about the other towns. As noted, there have been lots of posts on this topic, so a search should turn up a good deal of information for you. A visit to the FDR home at Hyde Park, and Eleanor's nearby cottage, Val Kyl were high points for us.