Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

How is the Hyatt Regency Chicago since their multi-million dollar refurbishment?? Anyone stayed there recently?

Search

How is the Hyatt Regency Chicago since their multi-million dollar refurbishment?? Anyone stayed there recently?

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,We'll be at the Hyatt Regency Chicago June 7-10th and was wondering if anybody has seen or stayed at this hotel since they renovated the whole place? I've read some good reviews and some bad.Any other experiences or recent stays?? Thanks,Debbie
Old May 28th, 2003, 04:14 PM

Stayed at the Hyatt last year in Sept. Am assuming they renovated b-4 our stay? It was a huge hotel, but we enjoyed our room and found it easy enough to get around. Not to far from all the shopping, eating, etc. either. I think you will enjoy yourselves. Have a good trip!
Old May 28th, 2003, 06:00 PM

Stayed there in Dec 2001 and found our room to be very nice. This was probably before the renovations. Good location. Have fun.
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:27 AM
GoTravel

Which Hyatt? There are probably 7 Hyatts in Chicago. The one on North Michigan is the nicest.

Old May 29th, 2003, 09:46 AM
OliveOyl

But only one of them is named the Hyatt Regency Chicago, the one on East Wacker Dr. It has the perhaps dubious distinction of being the largest Hyatt in the chain as well as the largest hotel in Chicago. It was a $50 M renovation so hopefully is better than nice!

The "also rans" with names distinguishing them from Hyatt Regency Chicago are, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, Park Hyatt Chicago, Hyatt on Printers Row, Hyatt at University Village, and Hyatt Regency O'Hare. You may correctly surmise that Hyatt's founding family are residents of the Windy City and that it is corporate HQ as well.

Old May 29th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your replies.Yes OliveOyl it is the Hyatt Regency Chicago on East Wacker Drive that I was talking about.We stayed a the Hyatt in Washington,DC and it was very nice.I'm looking forward to our first trip to Chicago!