Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

How Grinch Stole Christmas on Broadway - ordering tickets?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. My sister just told me about this play which will be in NYC late Oct. through early Jan. I can't seem to find out anything about purchasing tickets - maybe I'm just being really inept. I've discovered that TM has no discounts and the time it will be in NYC, but that's about it.

I was also wondering how long the play is.
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:38 AM

Grinch is scheduled to start previews at the Hilton Theatre on October 23 and begin performances on November 8 through January 7.

Part of the reason there aren't many details yet is that Hot Feet, the show currently at the Hilton, hasn't announced when it will close. So, there is even the possibility that Grinch may be at another theatre.

The Grinch producers announced that they'll have eight performances on the weekends and four during the week, so I imagine it would be in the 60 to 90-minute range. Any longer and the performers would be dying on stage by their eighth show on Sunday.

Since it's sure to be a hot ticket for holiday vacations, I wouldn't hold out much hope for discounts.
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:41 AM

Citylights, you behind the times with the news. Hot Feet has already closed.
karens, it's a tough call whether there will be any discounts for the show. It doesn't bode well that there are no discount offers available yet for the early preview performances.
Since the show hasn't opened yet, I'm not sure where you could find out how long the show is. However, since it's aimed a children, I'd be surprised it ran long than two hours.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I would still like to go if there are no discounts.

I can't even find out when tix go on sale.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 05:07 AM

I just had to get tickets for my boss for the Lion King. He waited until the last minute but I still got them $$$$$$.
I called the consierge desk at the hotel he was staying at and asked them.
They directed me to their ticket office and I was able to get tickets from them:
Americana Tickets NY
Times Square Headquarters
115 West 45th Street
NY, N.Y. 10036
tel: 212.581.6660

Try your hotel's consierge desk if this doesn't help. Most often they can be very helpful.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 06:31 AM

I have used a ticket broker recommended on this site and was very pleased. I purchased Lion King and Spamelot tickets from Applause-Tickets in April. They were very knowledgeable and helpful on the phone after I had reviewed what was available on their website. I just checked and Grinch was not listed but I did a search and it came up. You will need to call them directly. Check out www.applause-tickets.com. Hope this helps.