Reload this Page >

how far is airport from lake tahoe?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 07:56 PM
mary

Trying to put together a last minute trip for my family of 6. found a great deal on American to Reno/Tahoe (RNO) airport. How far is this from Lake area? Thanks...no I do not know where we are staying yet...still looking.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Beth

Not bad at all. I'm guessing around 45 minutes from Reno to Stateline, NV. It is gorgeous and I know your family will have a great time. I consider this "God's Country", probably the most beautiful area in the USA and I'm from Virginia. Enjoy! Beth

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:50 AM
SEW

Mary,

I used to live in Reno. Depends on where you are going, either northshore or stateline. Both are very easy to access. I would give yourself about 75 minutes to stateline as you go through Carson City up Kingsbury grade to get there. Northshore it's a breeze up I-80 to a couple of routes. If you are going to Incline Village, it's an easy hour, but up Mt Rose highway is curvy at points.

No traffic to worry about, unless you are going from Reno to CC at 5pm, then it's heavier, but not unbearable.

Have a great time. Lake Tahoe is amazing.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Rich

I think the drive from the airport to Tahoe is really interesting. It's kind of cool to drive through Carson City, and there's some beautiful scenery along the way, even before you get up to the lake. Some of the scenery between Reno and CC is pretty breathtaking in a "this feels like the REAL west" kind of way.

The only problem is that you need a decent amount of power to get up to Tahoe...the road climbs very steeply between CC and Tahoe because of the major change in elevation. One time we rented a car and they gave us a Kia Sportage, which BARELY had enough power to get up there. It kept shifting into other gears and really had to strain to get up there! Not a major thing -- we found it kind of amusing ("I think I can, I think I can") -- just something to keep in mind.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Faina

There is a regular shuttle bus connection between the airport and South Tahoe/Stateline Harvey's.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 10:56 AM
ken

Mary I live in Tahoe City and it takes about an hour to the north shore if that is where you are going. Right now they are doing heavy construction on I-80 and delays are common.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 02:18 PM
k

I live in carson city, it takes a little over an hour to get from Reno to Lake Tahoe. Lots of outdoors stuff to do here..

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 07:23 AM
traveler

Hello-
I just read Rich's comment's on how steep it is to go up to the lake. I have a ford expedition on reserve because a friend told me there would be the possibility of snow in October. I hadn't thought about the elevation! Any way, We will be in Reno for a convention and I was wondering if I could get some opinions as to when would be the best time to head to lake Tahoe and also which part to see. We will probably only stay a few hours and head back to the convention in Reno! Any recommendations for a place with good food? Any must sees? Thanks so much!