Reload this Page >

Jet Blue Airline: Comments please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 08:52 AM
rqf

Thinking of Jet Blue, JFK to Ft. Lauderdale. Would appreciate comments from those who have used Jet Blue.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 10:16 AM
thereuare

Flew this airline in August from JFK to New Orleans. I don't fly too often, but this was by far one of the best trips i've ever had!!

The employees appear to generally enjoy what they do and working for the airline, the planes are new and have leather seats (although as with all airlines, leg room could be a bit roomier). The biggest perk is that they have TV sets at every seat, so you can watch LIVE television during your flight, which passes the time quickly.

Do keep in mind that they don't serve meals, but pass around a snack, which is a soda/juice/coffee and a choice of cookies/potato chips/pretzels/etc. So if you're traveling during meal time, you may want to pack a sandwich. I'd definately use them again if they were flying a route that i was taking.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 12:07 PM
curious

Love Jet Blue! They are the most on-time airline, very professional, couteous ticket agents and you gotta love those seats with the mini T.V.'s. In fact, my son says he will only go on an airplane if it is JetBlue (yeah right)

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 12:53 PM
Howard

Another solid endorsement of Jet Blue. They are not only efficient in the air, but even on the ground they are super. The check-in lines, thanks to an extremely organized system, move very, very fast. So, if you encounter a long line when you get to the airport, and if my experience is typical, you'll be all set much sooner than you think!

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Julie

My boss (who is very particular) and his family swear by Jet Blue. Anytime there travels take them to a location the Jet Blue services I book them on one of their flights. He has said what previous posters are saying. And the price is right for a family of 6.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Lois

My family has flown countless times on this airline since it's inception. I believe it will be two years 'old' shortly. In fact, since flying them, we received 'our own jet', obviously a replica, and it sits on top of our tv in the den!
They are professional, courteous, helpful and efficient. The planes, all of them new, are fitted with comfortable thickly padded leather seats that are a bit roomier than most planes, and the mini tv screens for each seat are a real bonus.
I would imagine that between all my family members, we've flown more than 50 trips, and only once or twice was the experience less than we could have hoped for. Also, regarding two minor problems, they were handled well, due to a customer service dept. that really does seem to care.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 05:12 PM
Alex

Hi
Jet Blue is the best U.S.Airline I have been on. I just flew JB to New York City JFK R/trip from Orlando. I like the leather seats, TV and a little extra leg room. You'll enjoy the small terminal at JFK. after you go through security there is a nice lounge,snack and restaurant area. Have a nice trip. Alex

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 07:42 AM
jhm

Two weeks ago, took Jet Blue from JFK to Tampa. I thought that the airline was terrific. Seats a little small, but very comfortable. DirecTV, if you like TV, is fabulous -- you can watch the news, ESPN, etc. etc.. I recommend the blue corn chips.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Judy

Will be flying in May on Jet Blue from Dulles to Oakland. Hope it is as good as you say.... thanks for the info.
rfq: how was it?
Judy

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 02:23 PM
Nikki

JetBlue should change their name to Dairy Air as in derriere because that's what the crew acted like on a very recent trip from Syracuse to JFK. The weather was very bad and the plane lost alot of altitude many times. I know it's not the pilot's fault if the weather is bad. I don't blame them for the sickening turbulence either. But, we had to land at another airport other than JFK and we were told that it would be Bradley, but no one said where Bradley was. Finally, after insisting, a flight attendant found out Bradley is an airport in Connecticut. We landed and stayed on the ground for several hours and we weren't allowed to use the restrooms. Then we went on to JFK where many of us had missed our connections. I have flown JetBlue many times and I saw for myself that the flight attendants at least the one on this flight would never be able to handle a real emergency. They were just as panicked as the passengers and no one offered any reassurance of any kind or let you know what was going on. There were no JetBlue employees waiting at the gate either. I feel that they don't want anything to taint their so far good safety record that they ignore things like this. This happened last weekend.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 02:30 PM
x

What is "Dairy Air" mean? How is an airline like milk or cheese?

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 04:37 PM
sugar

It's a pun. "Dairy Air"- like "derriere"- from the french for "someone's buttocks."

I've never flown Jet Blue though.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 04:23 AM
xxx

Nikki - that doesn't sound like much of a story. Bad weather forced you to land at another airport and people missed their connections? Quite an ordinary occurrence.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 04:40 AM
xoxoo

I agree. Nikki's story is a real yawner. You could substitute the name of just about ANY OTHER CARRIER in that story and it would ring true. We've all been there, Nikk. It's part of flying.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Nikki

I know that bad weather and missed connections are all part of the flying experience. My point was that the flight attendants were literally just as frightened and panicked as the passengers by the loss of altitude and severe turbulence. It is their job and responsibility to reassure passengers and to know where the plane is eventually going to land. I realized that this particular crew anyway would probably not be able to handle a real emergency because they didn't know what to do or say and they exchanged alot of worried glances. I'm grateful to the pilot for getting us on the ground safe and sound.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 06:25 AM
jfk

I know this probably won't happen, but it'd be great it Jet Blue flew out of La Guardia. JFK is a bit more of a hassle to get to from Manhattan.

I flew to FLL in January and had no problems. Another nice feature -there's a channel on the TV monitor that tells you where the plane is.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 06:40 AM
jfk

I know this probably won't happen, but it'd be great it Jet Blue flew out of La Guardia. JFK is a bit more of a hassle to get to from Manhattan.

I flew to FLL in January and had no problems. Another nice feature -there's a channel on the TV monitor that tells you where the plane is.

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Will

Nikki, You have never heard of Hartford's Bradley International? It is a major airport in the Northeast and, you flying from Syracuse, it is only a few hours away. I have heard that Jetblue will not be flying into Syracuse much longer anyway due to the planes not being even half full so you wont have to worry about it. Upstate NY is falling off the map and Jetblue, fortunate for you so far, is one of the last airlines to realize that. I have flown Jetblue many times and it has always been the best experience on any short flight I have been on. I would not want to fly that small airbus from JFK to the west coast though. The planes are too small for that long of a flight.

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 10:05 AM
sorry

Flight attendants generally knows LOTS about airports, even if their carrier doesn't fly there. I can't believe a Jet Blue flight attendant "found out Bradley is an airport in Connecticut"

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Ray

The good thing about your unexpected stop in Bradley is that you landed safely and even though you couldn't use the rest rooms everything worked out o.k. didn't it. I mean you eventually got to your destination.
What if you had not taken the flight and stayed on the ground. Your doctor could have told you you have a life threatening disease or you could have been runover by a truck.
Detours in the air are like detours on the ground. They are usually unavoidable. Remember a detour is an inaminate object that doesn't eat sleep, or breathe...in fact...it flat out doesn't care.
You must not do much traveling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -