How expensive is the Rainbow Room?

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 06:22 AM
chris

How expensive is the Rainbow Room?

My wife and I would like to go to the Rainbow Room late January next year.
With wine and meal, how much should I expect to spend?
200 or $300??? more or less?

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Flynn

Chris, On Friday nights the Rainbow Room at Rockefeller Center is open to the general public for $150 per person -with dinner & dancing. To get a beautiful view of the city, go to the Rainbow Grill and have a cocktail.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 04:09 AM
kim

Is the Rainbow Grill always open to the public or only on Friday evenings as well?

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Collette

We went for dinner in 1998 and I hink it cost us $200 about for dinner and one drink but not sure. I loved the atmosphere and the experience but the food was mediocre. It might be better now but maybe the other writer's suggestions about just drinks in the grill is a good idea. Enjoy

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 05:18 AM
Ryan

Chris,
I'll add that Flynn gives good advice. I'd suggest having a pre or post dinner cocktail at the Rainbow Room and dinner elsewhere.

If spending $300 for dinner isn't an issue for you, you might want to think about either La Grenouille or Le Cirque. Both are a block or so from Rockefeller Center and two of the better restaurants in NY. I'd give a nod to the former if you are looking for something romantic.