Reload this Page >

how do u create your own webpage?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Tony

Took some good pictures of Oahu that I would like to share with fellow fodorites that are interested. I know most of you are internet savy so could you help me on how to get started with creating a webpage. Thanks.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 07:54 PM
hmmmmm

Just upload them to OFOTO and give us your password.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Barbara

Tony - AOL will help you create a page. Go to people/create a home page and follow the instructions.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 08:44 PM
p.

Tony,
AOL has help on making pages for members. Also, as an AOL member you can use their "You've Got Pictures" (YGP)facility to upload and share pics (with added captions etc). This is easier than the webpage route tho' the end result is the same. The YGP site you create has to be explicity shared with people you notify unlike a regular website. Also, on YGP, be sure and upload your photos in the order in which you want them viewed !
Good fun, enjoy.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Lenleigh

Actually I wouldn't recommend AOL or Ofoto. Ofoto is nice if you have digital photos that you want to upload and then have them printed. Aside from that, they now require any viewers to register with them(which they only started doing sometime last month). I would suggest Webshots.com becuase you have the option of keeping albums public or private(which requires an invite to view them). It is also pretty easy to upload on there. You can see my travel site at the link below to give you an idea. As far as I know, they don't have a lot/any of ads that pop up either.

http://community.webshots.com/user/lenleigh

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 05:46 AM
dd

Yhaoo also has a photo posting service that's free. photos.yahoo.com

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 04:39 AM
ronald

Ask any teenager. They will be happy to help you for free and enjoy making us old people feel like idiots.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Asking too

What are people's experience with geocities?

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Tony

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried webshots and I found it easy to upload my pictures there.