Search

Housing in Arizona?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Housing in Arizona?

What is going on around Phoenix?! I went to look for a new home in Avondale, Litchfield Park and Goodyear, but all the homes are already sold and the prices have jumped at least $60,000 in the last's not sold out?
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Original Poster

OOPS! There was a glitch. It should read " jumped at least $60,000 in the last six months. What areas aren't sold out?"
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 10:37 PM

The Arizona Republic had an article last week that homes were available in the Anthem area about 30 minutes North of Phoenix...that is if there is no traffic. The housing market has gone crazy a combination of low interest rates and investors buying rental properties have driven home prices up in the area.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 04:23 AM

Not much available in Anthem either. I'm looking for a second home in the area and prices have gone crazy (just like FL home prices) in the past 18 months.

Stocks are down and people are investing in real estate. Baby boomers are in the midst of retirement home buying. Don't look for it to stop anytime soon. I read that demand for homes in retirement areas will continue to rise and even get more crazy in about 2010.

Parents of a h.s. friend retired to Fountain Hills, AZ and their home has doubled in value in the past two years. She said that no less than five realtors have asked her about their interest in selling. I read a post on an Arizona town's website by a resident who has flipped houses three times in the past two years, buying at $110K for the first and now living in one worth $395K.

In some new Phoenix area communities there are lotteries with buyers vying for the opportunity to "win" the right to buy a lot and have a home built by the contractor.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 04:27 AM

just a warning if you are planning a move to phoenix and will be a commuter into the city the traffic is horrible and if there is a broken down car, pack a sleeping bag! the valley has exploded with development. My friend lives in glendale and even there 10 miles to work can take over a half mile. i have been visiting out there for the last 15 years and have seen the growth. it is really unbelievable and mass transit is not an option so everyone drives. if you are going to have to be farther out, you should look at the surrounding communities and not just phoenix proper, like glendale and even mesa and tempe.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 04:28 AM

opps i ment half hour for 10 miles not half mile! just drinking my coffee now!
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 05:17 PM

enjoylife - What price range are you looking for? I know the new homes are selling like crazy. Check out Beazer Homes-they might have something in Avondale.

Areas further out are being developed like Maricopa and Buckeye (opposite sides of the valley). Surprise (near Peoria) seems to be the area where they are building lots of more reasonably priced homes. Queen Creek (near Chandler) has some homes although they seem to be a little higher priced. It's so amazing to me that places like Queen Creek are full of homes and that they are building homes in Maricopa. I grew up in Chandler when no one lived there, Queen Creek was the end of the earth (my BIL's family had a ranch there) and Maricopa was in the middle of nowhere even for people who lived in Chandler. I had been looking at homes in Arizona recently, should have bought one for investment years ago.