hotwire naples 4 star hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would like to bid on this hotel. has anyone done this--or do you have any helpful hints thanks
Old Dec 10th, 2004, 02:57 PM

The best place to get hotwire advice is www.betterbidding.com.

Now, just so that you understand:

1) You don't "bid" on hotwire. They tell you the price and star level, and you decide to buy or not.

2) You can't bid for "this hotel" on hotwire. You don't know what hotel it is, though there are tips on www.betterbidding.com to help you try to figure out what hotel they're offering. You're going to have to decide if the risks associate with not knowing the hotel are worth any savings that you might get.

3) And finally, hotwire is not always a good deal. I think people in general do better on priceline than hotwire. But I've seen hotwire be as high as or higher than rates I could get on other booking sites or through the hote itself. So, do your research so that you know what a bargain price is before deciding to buy through hotwire or priceline.
Old Dec 10th, 2004, 03:51 PM

I think it's going to be the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point
Amenities: Restaurants, Pools, Fitness, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa

Old Dec 10th, 2004, 09:35 PM

And I don't want to run down the Hyatt, it's a beautiful resort. But saying you're going to Naples and staying there is like saying you're going to Manhattan and staying in New Jersey. It's a long way out there from Naples!
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 04:35 AM
OO

In Hotwire, if you type in the destination "Naples", it comes up with an area that covers from Ft Myers to Marco Island. If you click on just Naples in that list, it shows a 4*, but it isn't the Hyatt--no spa listed, and golf isn't mentioned, so there is evidently a 4* in Naples too.

You can specify Naples alone, not include the surrounding areas (Hyatt Coconut Point is in Bonita Springs) and if you want Naples per se, that's what I'd do. If you add Bonita Springs to the Naples area search, an additional 4* comes up that is definitely Hyatt Coconut Point.

I agree with Patrick, as nice a resort as Coconut Point is, it is a 40 minute drive...on a good day...into Naples! Furthermore, with all the red lights it's a drive that only the hardiest Naples aficionado (me) would make.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 06:51 AM

Let me start by saying I'm a Hotwire virgin. Don't really know the ins and outs but have always heard betterbidding lists their hotels like biddingfortravel lists Priceline hotels.

Found this on betterbidding (not easily I might add)

4* Hilton Naples and Towers
Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Tennis

although I can't find any sign that anyone has actually gotten this hotel. When you do a search for 4* Naples what comes up is the Bonita Springs Hyatt. I found the Hilton at the bottom of this page
http://www.betterbidding.com/index.p...ST&f=207&t=67&

I would double check though b/c on hotwire it seems to say the 4* they offer has tennis within walking distance while the Hilton's appears to be on the property.

In reading some of the posts on betterbidding, I also started reading about a DD "thing" double the difference. Don't really understand it but it's evidently an extra offer you can use to save more money.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 06:54 AM

Sorry, not to confuse this any more, should have said,when you do a search for 4* Naples what comes up is Coconut Point Hyatt.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 07:11 AM

That Hyatt gets referred to by all sorts of names. But not to worry. It is the only Hyatt in the entire Naples, Ft. Myers, Marco area so there can't be any major mix up.

The mentioned Hilton is really a sort of average business hotel located along a busy stretch of strip malls along US 41 in north Naples (but within the city limits). I'm surprised it is listed as a four star, not sure what makes it any better than the Residence Inn, Courtyard, or others in the same area.
Old Dec 11th, 2004, 08:23 AM

I gather from the little bit of reading I did on Hotwire, they are notoriously "loose" with star designations.