Search

Hotels in D.c.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 1998, 03:15 PM
Adam Mills

Hotels in D.c.

I planning a trip to D.C. with 4 of my college friends. We need a decent hotel to stay at that is near all the attractions. any suggestions?
Has anyone stayed at the hotel harrington?

Old Aug 24th, 1998, 03:48 PM
ilisa

The Hotel Harrington is an absolute vile pit. Do not stay there. I stayed there once before I moved to the area. Now, I cringe whenever I go by there. You may want to try the Holiday Inn on New Jersey Avenue. It is a pretty good hotel in walking distance to the Capitol and Union Station. Email me if you need more information.

Old Aug 24th, 1998, 03:49 PM
ilisa

Typo in my last message. The email address is org, not orgq.

Old Aug 25th, 1998, 04:04 AM
Denise Scandiffio

Just stayed at the Georgetown suites in Georgetown. Most unbelievably room I ever had (room 712). More like an apartment. Two pull out beds, separate bedroom with king bed, full kitchen with full refrig, dishwasher, etc, whirlpool bath, wrap around deck, wall to wall windows, skylights, etc. We paid $115.00 with free continental breakfast for 5, and free parking. Loved it. Try Embassy Suites, The River Inn (on the net). They all are running special deals (usually 89-99$ per night).
Have Fun,
Denise

Old Aug 25th, 1998, 07:31 AM
Julie Kaufmann

I would recommend staying in the Georgetown or Dupont Circle Area. The Courtyard by Marriot in Dupont Circle is pleasant,reasonable, and in a great location. Right on the metro, and in walking distance to many bars, and restaurants.

Old Aug 25th, 1998, 09:28 AM
kam

There's a Howard Johnson's in Foggy Bottom (near GWU) close to the Metro from which you can get anywhere. It's good value--think it's on New Hampshire Ave. Also, the Key Bridge Marriott is nice--pool, parking etc and easy access tothe Rosslyn stop on the Metro. Georgetown does not have a Metro stop--you either use Foggy Bottom or Rosslyn, although Georgetown is wonderful for fun and restaurants.

Old Aug 27th, 1998, 05:16 PM
janet

Just stayed at the Embassy Row Hilton in Dupont Circle, which is near the subway. It was very nice and not too expensive for D.C. ($110 a night, I think) and it included a breakfast. I would recommend it.

Old Aug 31st, 1998, 09:56 PM
Camila Baptista

I have just spent one whole week at the Georgetown Inn, which really has a great location. The room (for which I've paid $110 For three) was really big, there were complimentary drinks in the evening and the staff was as friendly as can be, in particular a nice Haitian bellman whose name I can't remenber... If you choose to stay there, please do remind him of the Brazilian which stayed there with a girl who had just gone through a surgery...I would strongly recommend it.
My sister had to go through an emergency surgery and they did everything to make her stay there as comfortable as possible. The neighbourhood is wonderful; bars (check out The Second Edition), restaurants (try Paolo's accross the street or Bistro Français, on M Ave., or Cafe Milano - the best!)and all kinds of shops.

Old Aug 31st, 1998, 09:57 PM
Camila Baptista

I have just spent one whole week at the Georgetown Inn, which really has a great location. The room (for which I've paid $110 For three) was really big, there were complimentary drinks in the evening and the staff was as friendly as can be, in particular a nice Haitian bellman whose name I can't remenber... If you choose to stay there, please do remind him of the Brazilian which stayed there with a girl who had just gone through a surgery...I would strongly recommend it.
My sister had to go through an emergency surgery and they did everything to make her stay there as comfortable as possible. The neighbourhood is wonderful; bars (check out The Second Edition), restaurants (try Paolo's accross the street or Bistro Français, on M Ave., or Cafe Milano - the best!)and all kinds of shops.

Old Aug 31st, 1998, 10:00 PM
Camila Baptista

My sister had to go through an emergency surgery and they did everything to make her stay there as comfortable as possible. The neighbourhood is wonderful; bars (check out The Second Edition), restaurants (try Paolo's accross the street or Bistro Français, on M Ave., or Cafe Milano - the best!)and all kinds of shops. I strongly recommend it. Avoid the Holiday Inn on wisconsin Ave - accross from a semetery and in a lousy neighbourhood - and the Hojo in Foggy Bottom area - too expensive for what it offers.

Old Sep 1st, 1998, 05:05 AM
ilisa

In reference to the previous post, the Holiday Inn on Wisconsin Avenue is actually an excellent choice of hotel. It is in Georgetown and not as expensive as some of the other hotels mentioned. I went to college near there and used to live a few blocks away. The neighborhood can hardly be called lousy. Unfortunately, there is no metro in walking distance. My husband hosts an international soccer tournament every year and has used that hotel for teams. They are very accomodating at that hotel.