Hotels For Fiesta Bowl

Search

Hotels For Fiesta Bowl

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2009, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels For Fiesta Bowl

Hi Fodorites, my buddy and I have been granted clearance from our wives to go to the Fiesta Bowl. I was looking for hotels and wanted some suggestions. We are two 34 yr old guys who want to stay in a fun area, Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 02:18 PM

>>

Did you get clearance for that, too?
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 06:05 PM

I would suggest either the Scottsdale Waterfront/Fashion Square area or Oldtown Scottsdale. Both offer a lot in terms of restaurants, night life, and shopping. One area is relatively new so is very hip, trendy, fun, new money. The other is very old and more traditional but equally fun in an old-money sort of way. I'm sure you can figure out which is which. (Logistically these two areas are down the street from one another.) I think Fiesta Bowl is held in Tempe and these areas are not far from there.

Go to Hotels.com and search those areas to get an idea of what hotels are there and the prices you can expect. It will be very busy with a lot of traffic and winter is high season in the Phoenix area.

The shopping in both areas is exquisite - I mention it as I am sure you are planning to pick up something wonderful for your wives.

gem
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Gem Gem, the game is now in Glendale. Scottsdale still the pick?
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 06:55 PM

Fiesta Bowl is in Glendale and not the greatest for a party..but for a bowl game there is always some fun.

Stay at a La Quinta, Four Points or Courtyard Marriott super close by and have the shuttle guys take you around for some $$.or cab it..we have used town cars and if you do..book them.

4* resort...kind of close is Phoenician, Biltmore, Sanctuary.
Try Expedia to get an idea on price..direct too..book soon

sf..did you get clearance from the wives on a fun spot.
Downtown Scottsdale or Tempe are the fun places.
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 07:05 PM

Shows how much I follow football . . . or how old I am, as for many years, Fiesta Bowl was in Tempe.

If you don't mind driving, I'd still say yes to Scottsdale. It's a good 45 minute drive to Glendale from Scottsdale.

I admit I am prejudiced. I have lived in the Phoenix area for many many years. Each suburb and Phoenix itself all have a different "flavor" so to speak and I kinda hate to make it sound like any one area is better than another. But the NE valley is best in my opinion. (disclaimer: I work in Scottsdale but don't live there, I live in a smaller adjacent suburb)

The area around the stadium in Glendale is new and they have done a great job. Shopping, retaurants, wide streets. Probably plenty to do at night. Prices may be lower (although the Fiesta Bowl may command premium rates anywhere in the valley). Still lots of open space out there but good freeway access if you want to vist other areas.

Not sure where you are coming from but if you are not used to a lot of traffic, Glendale makes the most sense. If you don't mind the drive and want something a bit more sophisticated, stay in Scottsdale.

Does that help? I'm happy to answer more questions if you do some looking and still aren't sure.
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 09:41 PM

It just recently moved from Tempe Sun Devil to the Glendale Arena..hey, I had to look it up to be sure.
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM

agree about heading into Scottsdale for a fun time..maybe near Old Scottsdale.