Search

Hotel terms

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel terms

I have noticed some hotels use the term "Run of the house" or ROH with their rates. What does this mean?
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 05:15 AM

ROH means they give you any room - with any type of bed arrangement - they have available - you don;t get to choose. (So, depending on luck, you may get their worst room - small, or dark or next to the elevator/ice machine etc - or - if you;re lucky, a better one.)

In big cities like NYC it often means you get one double or queen bed - or two single beds - at their option.
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, intresting that on the surface, the term sounds like it would be a "good thing" for the consumer. Buyer Be Ware. Notice ROH a lot with rooms in Vegas.
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 05:39 AM
GoTravel

It usually is a good thing for the consumer moose. Why would you Buyer Beware?

Hotels are in the business of attracting customers. My ROH guests were always given the best accommodations after my room guarentee guest rooms were assigned.

In other words, with ROH, you aren't getting the worst room. Just a standard unless my suites are open.

Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback, I am sure there are a couple sides to the ROH, that is why I asked. Maybe my BBW comment was premature. While location within the hotel is usually not an issue (next to the ice machine doesn't bother me) I do how ever have reservations on spinning the lottery wheel on number/types of beds, smoking/non, etc,etc