Hotel stays near Fenway Park in Boston

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone recommend a good hotel near Fenway Park in Boston? I will be traveling in July of this year with my son and want a good hotel either in walking distance to Fenway or an easy shuttle/mass transit ride.
Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 09:02 AM

well, it does depend on budget. The Hotel Commonwealth is very nice, has excellent dining, is a very short walk from Fenway Park, and and even shorter walk to the Kenmore T stop for getting around town. Its also pretty expensive.

The Buckminster is close by, and cheaper. I've heard its cleaned up a bit, but I've never stayed there so can't recommend it.

There's a new hotel on Boylston, called The Verb, which used to be a Howard Johnsons, but is nicely refurbished. I remember a Fodorite stayed there last fall and gave it a good review.

That said, just about all the hotels in the Back Bay area are actually walking distance, maybe 15-20 minutes. So any of the hotels in the Prudential/Copley Place area would be fine. If you stayed someplace near Boston Common, you can easily jump on the Green line to get to Fenway, so you have plenty of easy options.
Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 09:03 AM

oh yeah, I forgot...there's a pretty new Residence Inn on Brookline Ave, probably the closest you can get to the ballpark. I've not stayed, but have eaten in the restaurant there. It seems like it would be reasonably nice. Clean and well kept, in any case.
Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I have a fairly good budget since this is a trip for my son and myself. Just want to be able to walk if possible Fenway and then do any touring in city
Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

I was considering this place: Courtyard by Marriott Boston Copley Square.

Pretty good place to get to Fenway and other destinations?
Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 09:53 AM

That's a nice, central location. Probably 20 minute walk to Fenway (roughly a mile). And many other Sox fans will be walking with you, as the Prudential parking garage is a popular option.

Its easy to get anywhere else from there too, by foot, cab or T. And there are a fair amount of decent dining options in the neighborhood.
Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

thank you. You've been very helpful. I might pick this place: Hilton Boston Back Bay

Little closer to park and still in the overall region
Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 10:26 AM
cw

cougartrace, the Hilton Back Bay is even closer to Fenway--probably a 15 minute walk.

Will you be driving to Boston? I ask because parking is expensive and if you're flying in, there is no reason to have a car. If you want to check parking prices look at www.boston.bestparking.com.
Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 10:29 AM

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Boston Copley Square in March and liked the location.
Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

I will not be driving. I'll fly in do whatever walking and transportation I can
Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 12:24 PM
nlg

We stayed at the Hilton Back Bay when we were in Boston last year. It is a great location for walking around Boston and it is a short walk to Fenway Park. There are also many restaurants within walking distance of the Hilton Back Bay. We liked Atlantic Fish and Legal Seafoods.