hotel monteleone or place d'armes?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've narrowed it down to these two for new years weekend. royal sonesta is sold out. pros and cons? should le pavillion be in the running too? thanks!
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 09:21 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
what city?
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 09:25 AM

I think Bambii is heading to New Orleans.
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

yes sorry new orleans!
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 01:33 PM

For myself, I would choose the Place d'Armes. Actually, that is where we are staying on our next trip there. I think both places have pros and cons and it is really a matter of what you are looking for in a hotel. I don't think you will go wrong with either, they are just different types of hotels.

We chose the Place d'Armes for the location and set up. I like that it is made up of several townhouses and that is has the nice courtyard. We reserved a balcony room with courtyard views because we will be there for several days and plan to spend some time relaxing around the hotel. A courtyard was a must have for our lodging on this trip. For location, it is in the center of things without being too close to Canal Street - the blocks closer to Canal are dominated by larger buildings whereas further from Canal you've got more of the old townhouses and things of that nature - just more of the atmosphere that we were looking for.

The Monteleone has a fine location, but it is closer to Canal, which as I said has a different character than the areas further from Canal. The Monteleone is a large hotel, which isn't what we are looking for on this trip. It is a very nice place though and if a large hotel is what you are looking for, I think it would be a good choice.