Reload this Page >

Hotel Melrose, Washington D.C.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Annette

We need feedback about the Melrose Hotel....
Is it nice, and good location?
thanks....

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:09 AM
kc

tttt

Any info about this hotel gratefully appreciated!!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:45 AM
kayd

The location is fine, on Pennsylvania Ave NW several blocks from the Foggy Bottom Metro station (State Dept and GeoWashington U) and an easy stroll to Georgetown. But because it was recently renovated and given a new name (maybe new management too), I guess it hasn't had time to develop a reputation. I would give it a try if the price is right -- enjoy your stay in DC.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:45 AM
Julie

I haven't stayed there, but our office sponsored a meeting at the Melrose and the public areas were very nice. The out-of-town folks all seemed very pleased with the choice. I recall that service was also very good. Any hotel worker that passed us in the hallways would always say hello. The biggest drawback is that it's in Georgetown--a great neighborhood, but not as convenient to Metro (if you care about that). Good luck!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:53 AM
Mike

Julie isn't quite correct. Melrose would be more appropriately considered Foggy Bottom and is about three blocks from the Foggy Bottom/George Washington University Metro. Its a nice walk to either G-town or Dupont Circle.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:21 PM
Ann

Is Melrose the one that's tucked in the corner near 25th street, and changes its name every year or two? If it is, and it used to be the ANA, it is a nice hotel. Been to a couple of weddings there and used to work nearby. It's farther than 3 blocks to Foggy Bottom metro, but not too much. An easy walk. And you're pretty well located for walks to G'town and Dupont Circle, as the previous poster noted.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Vera

I HAVE stayed at the Melrose, and it is an absolutely beautiful and charming hotel. It was totally refurbished by its new owners about a year and a half ago. Anyone who knows Dallas, it is a twin of the Melrose in Dallas, with the same Library Bar and same lovely restaurant.
It is an easy two and a half blocks to Foggy Bottom Metro and two blocks in the other direction to the edge of Georgetown. Lots of interesting restaurants and shops in walking distance.
We just stayed at the less expensive Washington Suites/Georgetown, which used to be a Double Tree. A good value hotel in the next block toward Georgetown from the Melrose.

Vera