hotel Indigo Atlanta

Old May 17th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel Indigo Atlanta

I am going to Atlanta for market in July. My reservations are at the Hotel Indigo. Looks ok. Anyone been? Any hints of current restaurants..nothing too haute cuisine, perhaps more the grazing type of place with fun cocktails. I'm travelling with much younger co-workers. LMF
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:57 PM

It's in a great location - just across from the Fox theatre on Peachtree Street. Check to see if there's an event going on at the Fox - even if it's the Summer Movie series. Gorgeous old theatre. The summer movies are fun, especially the sing alongs (follow the bouncing ball) with the "Mighty Mo" - famous organ.

There's a walking tour of the Fox as well.

Adjacent to the hotel is the Bridgetown Grill - great for "fun cocktails". There are also bars across the street that seem to come and go.

On the corner are two interesting options. Baraonda Cafe Italiano is a great dinner/lunch option. Agatha's Mystery Dinner Theatre is fun - especially if you are with a group.

Plenty of other options up and down Peachtree - but those are three just steps out your door.

I've only done a walk-through the lobby, but it looks like fun. Brightly colored, oversized Adirondack chairs in the lobby along with other funky chairs and seating areas.

OMG - the downstairs bar would be the best place for "fun cocktails".

I used to stay there for events when it was a Days Inn. They completely gutted the place and created a boutique hotel. I imagine the rooms will be a bit on the small size, but I think you will enjoy it.
Old May 17th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Starrsville, that was quick and just the input I was looking for. I wish we had more time but we will be at the ADEC during a market and meeting vendors all day. Nice to sit at the end of the day with a life-giving cocktail and discuss what you have seen. Thanks LMF
Old May 26th, 2006, 08:27 AM

LMF, checked out the lobby bar area pretty thoroughly last night

Ate (and drank) there before crossing the street for a show at the Fox.

It's a wonderfully, funky space. Lots of lime and bright blue and cushy chairs and oversized Adirondack chairs for two. Wonderful space. Food was fine. Drinks were great! I wanted to check out the rooms but we were having such a good time we almost missed the show.

Enjoy!

By the way, the Bridgetown Grill next door has closed and Agatha's is moving. I wonder what's about to happen on that corner - probably a new condo complex.
Old May 28th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your "research" I think it will be a good place for us to crash after very long market days. LMF
Old May 28th, 2006, 02:27 PM

Check out the new edition of Southern Living Magazine--they have a small article on this hotel.
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:59 AM

I hope this isn't too late. I work on the corner and wanted to shed some insight as my company has this hotel listed as a choice for our associates.

It was recently remodeled. I haven't been inside, but co-workers that come into town indicate that it is fine. I believe there are showers, no tubs. It is right next door to the GA Terrace and across from the FOX as mentioned. It actually shares the same parking lot as GA Terrace. If you don't want to pay the cost, park right next door at the Bank of America lot which has overnight parking. There is no in and out though.

Baraonda is awesome. There is also a new place called Spotted Dog next to the MARTA station on North AVE. It is a converted fire station. Great cocktails and the food so far has been pretty good. It is across the street from the Bank of America Plaza (different from the other bldg).

Micks, Pleasant Peasant, and Glady's Chicken and Waffles is about two blocks south from the hotel. For southern-style food within walking distance, there is Mary Macs on Ponce De Leon (two blocks east of hotel's rear). GA Terrace has a pretty good breakfast.

A few blocks north is Gordon Biersch, Noodles, Little Azio, the Vortex and several others. There is a Publix grocey store to stock up on snacks in either direction. One on North AVE and the other at the GA Tech Conf Center.

Hope this helps.
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the excellent reports. I am not going for a while plus even if I had already completed my trip your comments will be here permanently to help others who might be researching Atlanta.

The Pleasant Peasant has been around for years. I remember eating there maybe 15 years ago or more.

It looks like Fort Myers will be getting a Hotel Indigo next year. They are building a small boutique hotel in our historic district. I assume it is the same group.

Thanks again. LMF