Information on Tulsa Renaissance Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a confrence coming up in October at the Renaissance Hotel in Tulsa, Ok. Has anyone stayed there? I am wondering if it is worth the money or not. I also would like to know if anyone has eaten at the Cyprus Grill located in the hotel. I am also looking for something fun for a bunch of girls to go do at night in Tulsa, some young and single, and some older and married. Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 05:32 AM
Jayne1973

I stayed there last February and it was nice. We were with a group and it seems like we paid about $100 per night per room. I'm kind of frugile, so whether it was worth that much... not necessarily. But if you are doubling up in the rooms it would be a good deal, IMO. It's a nice hotel and does have a very nice breakfast buffet (which of course costs extra), a good workout room, dry sauna and indoor pool. I'd say it would be nice for the kind of trip you're planning. Have fun!

Old Sep 20th, 2004, 06:18 AM
MD4

I have not stayed at the hotel, but have attended a party there in one of the ballrooms, which was very nice. I did have dinner at Cypress Grill, very good, and pretty upscale. Unless you are looking for a nice dinner, might be a little stuffy for a fun girls night out.
71st Street, where the hotel is located, is chain restaurant row, so in that area there should be plenty of things you'd be familiar with and if you don't want to venture far. If you have a car and want to see more interesting areas of Tulsa, have someone at the hotel direct you to either Brookside or Cherry Street, where the locally owned bars, restaurants and boutiques are. Or, if you happen to be there Oct 21-24, that is Octoberfest, which is pretty fun: www.tulsaoktoberfest.org

If you need an alternative to the breakfast buffet at the hotel, there is an IHOP across the street.

Enjoy your trip- October is a great time of year in Tulsa.

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 09:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Jayne, I will probably be splitting a room. I booked today and got a price of $99, which is much better than the $140 on the web site. I think the conference is providing our breakfast and lunch. I am expecting the food to be pretty good since I have had really good food at the Renaissance in Okc, and the Chalet in Branson which are both owned by the same person.

MD4, I was really pumped about Octoberfest because I thought it was the same weekend, but when I check again it seem that I was looking at last years advertisment for Octoberfest on the web. I will be a week too early, and I am so dissapointed, nothing like brats and beer. (I learned how to polka at 2.) I am thinking of driving back up for it.I live in the OKC area and go to the Yukon Czech Festival almost every year. Have you ever been to Yukon's festival, and do you know if Tulsa's is as good or better?

Also, I think that I have read somewhere that Cherry St has a different name on maps. Do either of you know for sure? I want go to some antique shops and home decorating shops while I am in town so I would like to visit that area. I will have a car and don't mind driving around. For going out with the girls, I was thinking of somewhere where we could hang out, maybe with live music, but not just a dance club, or maybe a comedy club. Any ideas?
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 02:22 PM
MD4

Hi again-
I have not been to the Yukon festival, so not able to compare. Tulsa's is very much about food, beer and music. Usually late at night the singing and dancing really gets going in the tent they have set up.

Yes, Cherry Street is actually 15th Street between Peoria and about Harvard or so. There are several antique stores throughout that area. Utica Square has more upscale shopping with some chain and some independent stores, also great places for lunch- Queenies, Wild Fork, and nice places for dinner. www.uticasquare.com. Not far from Cherry Street.

For weekend happenings, pick up an Urban Tulsa (free weekly alternative paper) or check them out online at www.urbantulsa.com. Lots of the bars have live music, much of it tends to be loud, so if you're wanting a place to chat, not sure that's the way to go. I think there is a comedy club downtown.

Hope this helps- feel free to post more questions. I will check back next week-headed out of town for a long weekend.