Hotel in Houston near Galleria Area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! In Houston for medical treatment next week and thought the Galleria Area might be nice to stay in, to explore in the evenings. Would like to find a moderate priced hotel (but clean and modern) that offers 1-bedroom Suite accommodation (there will be 2 of us and a separate bedroom would be nice). Any suggestions? THANKS!
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 09:25 PM

I'm not sure what your definition of "moderate" is, but if you'll Google map Galleria Houston Texas, you can see that there are a number of hotels in the area. I also wonder what you mean by "explore in the evenings." It is going to be hot in Houston next week, and, unfortunately, Houston is not a great city for walking at any time. If the Westin Galleria is in your price range, I'd recommend it (not sure about the availability of suites and the price). It's right in the Galleria proper, and you can just walk out the door and into the Galleria for shopping and restaurants. Is the medical treatment in the Medical Center area? You might want to stay closer to there. The Rice Village area is near, and much more walkable/explorable in the evenings, at least in my opinion.
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 05:50 AM
cd

Robbie, we were in Houston to visit family in the downtown area and after reading a lot of reviews we settled on the the MainStay. The price for Houston cannot be beat, I think we payed under $100 per night. I was so impressed by the cleanliness of the one bedroom suite absolutely top notch! You have to drive to any shopping or nite life but they do offer a van that drives people to the Med Centers and also they offer a reduced rate for people who are there for medical service. See the reviews: MainStay Suites Texas Medical Center/Reliant Park: Traveler Reviews
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 06:38 AM

cd, that's for sure a good price, but, as you said, that is not a part of town that you'd want to be walking around in at night--not that there's anywhere you'd want to walk to. Robbie, it all depends on your budget, where you're getting treatment, how much free time you'll have, and what you'll want to do.
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 09:18 AM

The Marriott and the Westin are probably two of the more popular ones, not sure what your price range is.
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM
cd

maryann, it's not a neighborhood I would want to walk around in at night because it's mostly commercial but it's not dirty or rough, you just need to drive to go anywhere. I would stay there again.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the info. The MainStay looked GREAT but while I was booking, the 1 bedroom suite became unavailable. Rats! Will look at the Galleria and Rice Village areas to check for 1 bedroom availability. Wish me luck!
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
cd

Sorry Robbie
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We have had to seek medical care away from home several times. The medical centers had arrangements with nearby hotels at reduced rates. One hospital used a not for profit agancy that made the arrangements for us. Check Your medical facility's website or contact their socail work offices for help.