Reload this Page >

hotel for honeymooners in FQ NO

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 07:55 AM
ashleen

Could anyone suggest a suitable hotel in FQ for my future husband and I to stay for our honeymoon?

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 07:57 AM
x

Le Richelieu or International House.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 08:41 AM
John

The Ritz Carlton is only a few years old and is on the border of the FQ. IT is a fantastic hotel, as are most Ritz Carlton's.

In the same structure is the Maison Orleans. It is a separate, boutique luxury hotel that is under Ritz management.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 11:01 AM
susan

Could you give us a little more information about the kind of hotel you're looking for? Big, little? Expensive, a good bargain? There are lots and lots of hotels in the French Quarter in all different price ranges. My husband's and my current favorite is the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon Street. It's got a wonderful, festive New Orleans' flavor, but the rooms can be pricey. You definitely would want one overlooking the courtyard/pool and not Bourbon Street unless you want to be awake all night listening to street sounds. A less expensive, but still good hotel is the Holiday Inn Chateau Le Moyne. We've stayed there several times and you'd never recognize it as a Holiday Inn.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 11:10 AM
susan

One other thing...the Ritz-Carlton in New Orleans unfortunately is not getting the great reviews that other RCs do. However, its sister property, the Iberville Suites, IS getting fabulous reviews and they've been running a $99 a night special on rooms off and on since they opened. My guess is that that'd be a great place to stay.
We tried to plan a special trip to NO just to take advantage of that room rate but we couldn't get plane reservations.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 06:53 AM
ashleen

We would like somewhere with an outdoor pool. We live in Belfast, N.Ireland so were not used to the heat as Im sure you can imagine. Somewhere with that little something extra but that we won,t need a second mortgage for. Thanks for your suggestions we will have a look at those hotels. Can you recommend any good web pages for hotel bargains?

Old May 2nd, 2002, 10:13 AM
Pernille

Maison Orleans- without a doubt. Very classy- romantic & elegant! Huge bathtubs for two- wonderful bed! Call for rate.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 12:20 PM
Cathie

Maison Orleans looks beautiful but who can afford $385-$495 a night for a room.
Goodness, wish I could.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:57 PM
Dax

Astor Crowne Plaza is very nice and brand new. Good introductory rates. too.