Honeymoon Playa Del Carmen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello- My fiance and I have decided on Playa Del Carmen as our honeymoon spot. We will be spending 11 days there but are a little hesitant to book a private villa or hotel(on the beach) having not seen it. We would ultimately like a private bungalow(w/A.C.)type place on the beach, and we have seen some pictures of these types of places, but it's scary to risk it and end up with a roach infested hot box with no screens on the windows.. So we are planning to spend our first three days in an all-inclusive, getting pampered, while we look for a charming, less expensive "villa" or "bungalow" or something for the remainder of the trip. Could anyone suggest a reasonably priced AI with good accomodations for honeymooners either on the beach or very close to the beach and near the center of Playa Del Carmen so we can easily look for our next location. Also, if any of you know of that perfect little "bungalow" I speak of, please let us know. We will be sure to check it out. Thank you for your help!!!
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:21 AM

We stayed at www.casadelsecreto.com. It's a small complex of a number of bungalows. If Doy doesn't have what you're looking for, I'm sure she could advise as to what is near by.

Our villa was 3 bedroom, so probably not what you're looking for. However accommodations were very nice/comfortable, and the beach was lovely...right at your door step. Things were "as advertised" although the hurricands had changed the shape of the beach some (compared to what was shown in the photos)

One warning about the bungalows in general. Many of them run off well water, which means even the showers are slightly salty, being that close to the ocean.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:22 AM

If you post this question on the Latin American Board you'll get a bigger response (use the drop-down link on the left hand side of the page). There are lots of PDC experts there.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:47 AM

I think Casa del Secreto was heavily damaged last year in Hurricane Wilma...there were complaints from some who'd reserved there, and it was in no shape for visitors...that was this summer.
Shangri La Caribe in Playa might be interesting for you, or Las Palapas.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:37 AM

Very good advice from Frankie. Lots of very bad reviews re:Casa Secreto and either of the 2 other options he mentions are really nice. Check out playa.info and connect w/Heather. They have oddles of really nice villas, condos etc and I'm very confident of their appraisals.
I've got trip 5 planned for PDC and most of the info I get is still thru Playa.info.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:57 AM

That should be www.playadelcarmeninfo.com