Search

Honeymoon Kauai

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon Kauai

My fiance and I (age 27) are getting married in Kauai in mid-June. We have been to Maui before and loved the Ka'anapali area. We will be going to Maui for the second part of our trip.
1. Does anyone have any suggestions for a place to stay in Kauai similar to the Ka'anapali area? We would like the "sunny part" of the island with great beaches.
2. Suggestions for places on the island to get married (it will just be the two of us).
3. Wedding coordinators/suggestions?
4. Photographers?
Thanks so much!
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 02:11 PM
trippinkpj

The sunny side of Kauai would be at Poipu Beach. I think that would be the best place for you. If money isn't a concern I would pick the Hyatt:
http://kauai.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp
Also, there are the Kiahuna Plantation (more a condo complex), and the Sheraton:
http://www.sheraton-kauai.com/
I'm not familiar with the wedding venues or coordinators.

Old Feb 27th, 2006, 02:26 PM

Have you searched this forum yet? I put "Wedding Kauai" in the search box and a lot of good information came up, including a thread or two about wedding coordinators, photographers, etc. Good luck!!!!
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 11:32 AM

Poipu is definitely the sunny side, and it's beautiful. Just a quick note though: It's not really like Ka'anapali. That is, it's not a huge stretch of beach with a walking path and row of resorts. The Hyatt and Sheraton are both very nice (especially the Hyatt), but they are more self-contained and everything is spread out a whole lot more. Less overall people-watching and "energy" than the path at Ka'anapali.

Kauai is more rural than Maui overall--even the resort areas--so just keep that in mind. Since you are going to Maui later, I think you might enjoy the peaceful aspect of Kauai to begin with. If you can afford it I'd go with the Kauai Hyatt, which is big and gorgeous and has a lot of activities and several nice restaurants on site.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 11:47 AM
jcb

During the summer months, isn't the north side considered "sunny" as well? I personally prefer the Princeville/Hanalei area over Poipu. To me, it's much more beautiful than the south shore. But that's just my opinion. Congrats on the engagement!!!
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information! JCB- I was wondering the same thing as far as the north side being sunnier in the summer months. Let me know! THanks
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 01:29 PM

The North Shore is sunnier in the summer months, but kind of hit-or-miss in general for rain. You'll probably get some rain no matter when you stay there--but you also get rainbows!

I like both Hanalei and Poipu, they're very different, though. I do lean slightly toward Poipu, because I think it's a little more conveniently located for various activities.
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:38 PM

2 words of advice: Auntie Marie
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:55 PM

visormom,

I am soooo embarrassed........I thought that "auntiemarie" was one word........

8-)