Hollywood & Highland

Search

Hollywood & Highland

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2004, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hollywood & Highland

We will be staying at the Renaissance at the Hollywood & Highland Center. Is this a safe area night & day?
Thanks!
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 08:21 PM
kkj

The area has cleaned up a great deal in the last couple of years. It's no problem during the day and should be okay at night. I'd still watch myself at night though. You can never be too safe.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 08:30 PM

During the day should be ok. As in any large American city just be alert of your surroundings. During the night I would not stroll too far from that main area.
I suppose alot depends on where you are traveling from, the kind of people you are and what you are use to. Hollywood attracts a wide assortment of characters. Hopefully you have an itinarary that will be taking you to some of the nicer places....I guess your age also plays a part in it. If you were in your 50's coming out from a small town in Nebraska excited to see "Hollywood" it would probably be a nightmare of sorts. If you were 20 somethings from a large metropolitan area it could be a fun exciting place.

There are many neat things in Los Angeles and Hollywood is still "trying" to be one of them.

If you are coming soon this is in my opinion the nicest weather of the year.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:10 AM
Tess

As a 40-something from a fairly small Nebraska town, I have to say that this hick handled Hollywood just fine last year, thank you very much

Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:06 AM

I lived in this area for 12 years. You will be fine, especially during the day. As in any big city, use caution in the evenings.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 08:43 AM

Hollywood and Highland has been the center of my Hollywood party nights for years, long before hey built the new complex. For more than 20 years my friends and I have been using the Orchid Suites, behind the new Kodak Theater, off Franklin, as "party central," just a short cab ride to the Bowl and the clubs on Cahuenga, Sunset and Hollywood. Use common sense, don't wander into unlit alleys, etc. and have fun.