Holiday dinner in Tampa Bay area

Old Dec 6th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holiday dinner in Tampa Bay area

I am spending Christmas with family in St. Pete, Florida. We would like to go out for a nice meal on either christmas eve or christmas day. Something nice and a little festive for the holiday. Any suggestions? We don't mind traveling to downtown St. Petersburg, Clearwater or even Tampa. Thanks!
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 05:45 AM

Some places to check out:

Marchand's or the Terrace Room, the twin dining rooms at the Renaissance Vinoy, downtown St. Pete. The hotel will be beautiful for Christmas.

Island Way Grill on the Clearwater causeway. This restaurant has advertised special Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving meals. I assume they will continue the tradition for Christmas.

Cafe Ponte is another excellent restaurant just north of St. Pete - don't know what their Christmas offerings are.

Also, the Don CeSar, beachfront in St. Pete Beach, would be a special spot for a holiday meal.

All of the above have excellent reputations, have fun choosing!
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 08:27 AM

The most famous and recognized restaurant in the area is Bern's:

http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/

The dessert room is amazing!
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 09:11 AM

I'm not so sure all restaurants will be open on Christmas day. One that is definitely open is the 100 year old Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City. Unfortunately, the menu seems to be limited that day to ham. But you might consider trying the restaurant when they have their usual menu, and if you go at night they have a flamenco show that is excellent. Call ahead to make sure the show will be on for the night, and get a reservation for the room where the show takes place.

Columbia restaurant link -- http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/an...asp?newsid=224
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 11:40 AM

Try the restaurants in the Grand Hyatt on the Casuseway. It is a really nice hotel and would likely have a traditional Christmas dinner either in the fancy restaurant on the top floor or at Oystercatchers (if they have a Christmas brunch it would be amazing!)
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 12:15 PM

I'll put in another vote for the Don CeSar in St Pete Beach. I've eaten there, and all their food is excellent. They put out a fantastic spread for every major holiday. You couldn't go wrong if you make a reservation there, but it might help to do it right away. Good luck.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 12:32 PM

Another place that has live flamenco music and dancers on weekend nights is Spain Restaurant in downtown Tampa. The food is both tapas and traditional Spanish/Cuban.