Christmas Dinner in or near Bradenton Beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be flying into Tampa Airport late on the 22nd of December to spend Christmas at Bradenton Beach. We've tried to find a restaurant through the web where we could have Christmas Dinner, but have had no luck so far. (Many seem to close that day). Can anyone make suggestions please? We are not familiar with Bradenton Breach or the surrounding area so all advice would be very much appreciatd.
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 02:14 PM

Have you checked out Beach Bistro? I'm not sure whether or not it will be open. St. Armand's Circle, which has many very good restaurants, is just south of Longboat Key, which is just south of Bradenton Beach. It's only a 10 or 15 minute drive from BB. If nothing there is what you're looking for, there are many restaurants in Sarasota, just east of the Circle.

Some of the Circle's restaurants are Hemingways, Crab & Fin, Cafe L'Europe, and the Columbia. In addition, there are a few restaurants right on Longboat Key that will be even closer for you such as The Colony, Maureen's, PattiGeorge's, and Moore's Stone Crab. I'm sure several of these will be open for Christmas dinner.

You might want to post your question on Chowhound.com
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 05:45 PM

I'm from Bradenton and my ma still lives there so I just pasted your query to her...she knows everything or will find out. Give us a couple days.
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 06:14 PM

I just noticed that the Columbia Restaurant, which began as a Cuban restaurant in Tampa's Ybor City, is having Thanksgiving dinners at all its restaurants. I know you want Christmas but I'll bet they will also do the same for Christmas. You might google them and either call or email and ask about Christmas. They have one in Sarasota but it might be fun to go to Ybor City on Christmas. It is an unforgettable building from the turn of the century, lots of latin flavor. They usually have flamenco dancing.
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 01:24 PM

IrishK,heard from my Mom and here is her answer: Raddison on Lido Beach (sarasota area) which will be about 12-15 miles south from B'ton Beach. They are serving buffet from 2 - 7, phone # 941/388-5608, name of the restaurant is Christopher's and it is on the top floor. But said this would be "lovely" So Merry Christmas from me and my ma.
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 03:17 PM

Yes. Christopher's has a great view and a decent reputation, so if you're looking for a buffet, this is a definite option. Otherwise you might want to check out Columbia or one of the closer restaurants.
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Many thanks to all for the very helpful information. We have plenty of places to make enquiries from now.

Merry Christmas to you too 1rood and to your Ma!!
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 05:27 AM

I also want to say "Thank You" to 1 rood I don't know if Raddison's Christopher's is open this year in 2007 but we will certainly look it up and if it is "Mucho Grazious" !!!

sunshinehi