Reload this Page >

Hilton Head resorts--help

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Dean

Could anyone give any suggestions/comments about the Holiday Inn Oceanfront or Crowne Plaza? Wanted to stay at the Hilton but it's not available. Thanks for any info!

Old May 11th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Mike

The Holiday Inn Oceanfront is nice if you like being on the busiest part of the beach. Many people use its parking lot as a beach access point. It is fun, however, as there is beach volleyball and a tiki bar directly on the premises. I don't know about the other place you mentioned. Either way, HH is a great place, my favorite place on earth (so far).

Old May 11th, 2002, 12:57 PM
me@aol

Crowne Plaza is a beautiful hotel on the beach. It's my second favorite place to stay on HH after the Hilton. Enjoy.

Old May 11th, 2002, 02:48 PM
LeighAnn

I don't know about the Crowne Plaza, but I wouldn't recommend Holiday Inn Oceanfront. We stayed there once (out of six times) and didn't like it. It was crowded at times and seemed like a "happening" place for teenagers. The rooms were nice- as was the staff, but in comparison to some other resorts.... it was not what we were looking for.

Old May 12th, 2002, 10:38 AM
tracy

I stayed at the Crowne Plaxa a few years ago. The rooms are your standard hotel rooms. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is very helpful and courteous. Shipyard Plantation where the resort is located is lovely. Also, AAA used to have a good bed and breakfast deal at the Crowne Plaza. Hope this helps.

Old May 12th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Dean

Thank you for the responses, you've made my decision much easier!