Hilton Head Beaches in June

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning to visit Charleston, Hilton Head and Asheville (N.C.) in early June. We may stay at Marriott's Grande Ocean. Has anyone stayed there? Are smaller places preferable? Is the ocean warm during June? We definitely like warm ocean temperatures, as we are into the beach--not golf. We are thinking of booking the Pickney Inn in Charleston and a Carolina Mountain B&B in Asheville area. Any comments? Thanks.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 08:57 AM

Hi, we are booked at Marriott's Grande Ocean on Hilton Head for April 6-10th and was wondering the same things. Mostly about swimming the surf etc., we have little toddlers. I can let you know how the resort is when we return if you want.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 09:02 AM
GoTravel

I don't know if the Marriott has any condos but try and get a condo.

I just spent a weekend at the Pinckney and it was very wonderful. Nice, middle of the road Inn with an excellent location. A heavy continental breakfast is served rooftop daily.

Old Feb 14th, 2005, 09:04 AM

Hi, yes, they have condos, we are renting a two bedroom/two bath condo. The website pics look good.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 09:07 AM

Ocean water will be warm enough for swimming in June, although it will be "refreshing" as they say. Not as warm as August.

April will be too cold for swimming.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 09:51 AM

Hi,
The Marriott's Grande Ocean is really very very nice. I had a chance to go in there to check it out while looking for investment property with a realtor last July. I wanted to see what the time share options are...anyway, its very very nice. It is like a resort with 4 or so pools, jacuzzi etc. and there is a beach bar with a guy that makes damn good frozen drinks...nice plus. As far as the ocean it is like a lake. I was there in August last summer right before one of the big hurricanes and that was the only time I have even seen waves there. Its very toddler friendly. Plus, you can rent bikes and bike on the beach because it is very hard packed sand. They have those towing carts for the back of bikes. There are also bike/running paths the entire length of the island that you can go on. Ok. so you have to pay 5 bucks to get into sea pines but checking out the houses while biking is worth it. Over at Shelter Cove 2 times a week they have a sing along for kids with some guy that gets the kids on stage etc. My son will be 1 in a few weeks and we are going in June again with my sister in law and her two children (4&6) we rented a house but we have like 10 people going in total.
I really like HH. There are not a ton a ton of gourmet type restaurants but there a ton of kid friendly. We like Marley's caribbean feel with great ice cream...email back if you have any questions. I have been to the smokey's and i dont think i would do that with a toddler. I cant remember though if you said you had children...that may have been someone else. Also, Charleston is my fav. city for a long weekend hands down. Its more adult though.
Lis-
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 12:34 PM

thanks for all the great tips AND kid friendly restaurants, we need those with two little ones. We can't wait to see the Marriott, the pics look great and it sounds like a lovely place!! Have fun on your trip!!