Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village - questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hilton Hawaiian Village - questions

Hello,
We are (2 adults, 2 kids) going to be staying for 5 days in HHV in August. We have already made the reservation for a $200/day. And I also signed up for Hilton membership. I was wondering if I could make specific requests for tower. Obviously Ali tower is out of question at this rate but maybe I have a choice of other towers? If so, what is the next best tower? And what is the worst? Also I heard that there is some construction going on. Where is that?

Any suggestions on how we can get the best room possible?

Thanks,
Pip
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 12:06 PM

I don't know of any construction going on near the HHV.

There is some construction on the opposite side of Ft. DeRussy from HHV. It's mostly on Beachwalk near Kalia Rd.

But even that is only a minor convenience to visitors.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Well, I heard they are building a cahapel inside the village
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 09:04 AM

They are building a wedding chapel on the grounds of HHV.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 10:06 AM

My husband and I stayed at the HHV for one night in April. We reserved an ocean-front room and I have a Hilton membership. I was told when I booked the room that I would have to wait until check-in to find out the exact tower. We were very happy to find that we were on the top floor of the Rainbow tower with a beautiful view of Diamond Head and the ocean. I can't really comment on the other towers, but I like the location of the Rainbow tower and would definitely stay there again.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 11:14 AM

My daughter and son-in-law went with us to Hawaii, and while we were in Oahu, they chose to stay at the HHV because he had Hilton Points. We were very close at the Ilikai. The Ilikai was nice, but in my opinion, the grounds could not begin to compare with the HHV. I believe they were also in the Rainbow Tower and had a wonderful view of Diamond Head.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 02:41 PM

Pipry - While you're at the HHV - try to stop by (Fri/Sat night) in the Paradise Lounge to see Olomana. They are a local recording group - very good - true Hawaiian entertainment for the cost of a drink or two - no cover. It's an open air lounge on the second floor and kids are allowed. Very laid back atmosphere and fun to watch. Many times local dancers & singers will come in and join them too.

Kitty corner across the street from the HHV is a great little coffee shop - Wailana Coffee Shop - good prices, great food.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 05:07 PM

I agree with the above post on the coffee shop. We ate there a couple of mornings--very good and very reasonable.