What Tower should I request at Hilton Hawaiian Village

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be at the Hilton Hawaiian Village the first week in August. What tower should I request if possible.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 01:59 PM

I stayed there a couple years ago, and for some reason everyone wanted a room in the Rainbow Tower. I guess it's the original tower, maybe? Anyway - we stayed there and I didn't think it was "all that" special. As long as you're high up and facing the ocean, you're good in any tower, in my opinion.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:24 PM

Request the Alii Tower without a doubt! Private check in, great rooms, tower has its own pool and a great view of Waikiki Beach (If you have an ocean/partial view). Superb! We'll be there first week in August too!!! Aloha! can't wait
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 01:45 PM

Ali! Private pool, seperate check-in (no lines!), free snacks at the bar every evening, own breakfast area, etc.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 02:19 PM

I stayed there in april with my family (2 kids, 5 and 9). We stayed in the raintbow, with a balcony overlooking the beach, facing diamond head. It was beautiful, and very convenient to the beach and super pool. There were quite a few familes with kids, so if you're bothered by that, I'd go for the Ali.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 07:00 PM

We like the Tapa Tower. Have stayed twice and were not disappointed. There are extra ammenities in the Alii Tower but the extra cost wasn't worth it for us. Would rather put it towards Mai Tai's! I agree with the disappointment of Rainbow Tower. On our second trip, at check in we were "upgraded" due to being a Hilton Honors member and were given an ocean view in Rainbow Tower (we had booked partial ocean). I was excited as you always hear about the famed Rainbow Tower. Our upgraded room was on the second floor, our ocean view was of the lagoon and boat harbor. We asked to be moved and were put in the Tapa Tower, 26th floor in a junior suite. Much better!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 08:24 PM

Rainbow tower. We had a room with view of the ocean, part of Waikiki and Diamondhead. The sand of the beach is practically 30 feet from where you step off the elevator. Every morning, my wife and I went out to the balcony and watched the guys setting up the umbrellas on the beach, literally directly under us.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your information. I now know that I will be in a 1 bedroom villa in the Lagoon Tower (Lagoon View). Did I do good, or do I need to change. I am also a HHonors member, so I would hope to have nice stay. Just let me know what you think.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 07:05 PM

its a little bit of a walk to the superpool and to the beach. but if your getting a deal on a one bedroom in the lagoon tower im sure it will be fine. we went in for a tour and didnt care for that tower. we stayed in the Alii tower and will come back to the Alii. anyway your in Hawaii so have fun.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 09:28 PM

Definitely alii.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all of the help.