Hilton Hawaiian Village Ali'i Tower

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 12:07 PM
nanette

Hilton Hawaiian Village Ali'i Tower

Is this a great place to stay for Thanksgiving weekend??? We have stayed at the Royal Hawaiian, Moana Surfrider, and Kahala Mandarin. Will my husband feel slighted at the Hilton's Ali'i Tower??!

Thanks for your opinions!

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 02:50 PM
alex

If you are going to stay at the HHV, the Ali'l tower is your best bet. It has its own pool and bar area.

Just curious, how does on feel slighted at a hotel?

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 08:42 PM
gail

I would say Yes to your question. It would be more comparative to stay at Lagoon Tower @HHV, if that is yout hotel choice.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 08:35 PM
nanette

Well Alex, I'm in charge of making the plans for our stay. My husband counts on me to make good choices. We have always enjoyed the hotels I mentioned and I guess my actual question is...Is the Ali'i Tower along the same line as the three other hotels I mentioned? Thanks for your reply.

Gail, why do you like the Lagoon Tower better? Thanks for your info in advance.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Sarah

I would say any holiday weekend where schools are out no. I was there in August and it was wall to wall people. Really not an enjoyable hotel when the hotel reaches capacity. Royal Hawaiian I am guessing was at full capacity the August before but you did not have a sense of this. My favorite is the Sheraton Moana but some complain of noise in city view rooms (old banyon wing). Corner rooms in the old banyon wing are huge.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Sarah

Hilton Hawaiian is a great hotel when it is not at capacity. Have visited but not stayed during other quiet seasons and it was great. Strongly advise against any time of year where it will be packed with tourists.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 07:13 PM
nanette

Thank you so much for you insight, Sarah! I am really giving it more thought!!!! What you are saying is so sensible! Back to the hotel hun!

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:02 AM
gail

Lagoon tower is more luxiurious. The rooms are like apartments. Even if it were crowded, you have so much space upstairs, it would not be a problem. Rooms have wonderful lanais.I bet the pools get kind of crazy though. If I had the choice I would go to the Kahala Mandarin..but that wasn't your question...

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:01 PM
nanette

I loved the Mandarin also, but we have our very active 11 year old with us who wants surf lessons and loves to ride a tire/float in and out the waves. No waves at Mandarin and we have a pool at home, so that's not a draw! For relaxing (and the Hoku restaurant was wonderful and expensive!) the Mandarin is where I'd be heading also!

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:07 PM
xxx

Mandarin has dolphin shows on the grounds right near a mall, Hanama bay, sandy beach, a beach of it's. It is as active as you want to make it. Waikiki can slow you down if you get caught up in crowds, traffic.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Kay

We just returned from the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

The Lagoon Tower is where they have their timeshare properties.

The Ali'i Tower is the concierge tower, where you will have your butt kissed from arrival to departure. We received a fresh fruit welcome plate, and there is free water, coffee and tea throughout your stay. Maid service is offered three times a day, and there is nightly turn down service, with chocolates. Beds have wonderful quality linens, layered with a sheet, blanket, sheet and comforter. Bathrooms are a step up from what you will find in the other towers.

Does your husband (or do you) travel much, enough to have elite status on any airline? If so, and if you are not already a Hilton HHonors member, some airlines have a promotion where you can be comped to Gold level in the HHonors program. Being a member of the Hilton HHonors program (especially if you are a Gold or Diamond VIP) will increase your chances of an upgrade. We booked a garden view room in the Ali'i Tower, and because my husband is an HHonors Diamond, we were upgraded to an oceanfront room. On a previous occasion, we were upgraded to a suite in the Ali'i Tower.

IMO, the Ali'i Tower is better than any other Hilton Hawaiian Village Tower, hands down.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 12:55 PM
sal

You will love the Ali'i Tower and Hilton Hawaiian Village. Stayed there in Aug of 2000 and loved the beach and the view. The beach is a lot less crowded than in fron of Royal Hawaiin and Moana Surfrider. We loved it.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Sarah

I would not stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village during any major school break. I was there in August01 and it was a zoo. Took away from the stay. I remember the pool being packed people every few feet. Thanksgiving could be different but I would hear from someone who has been here at this time before I stayed.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Maka

I've stayed in the Rainbow Tower at the Hilton and the Kahala, and I like the Kahala 100 times better. Why? The crowds at the Hilton. Kahala is more enjoyable with the dolphins and the nice room.