Hilton Disney or Caribe Royale?

In Orlando...which is preferred?
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what? By whom?
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed in the Hilton Disney or Caribe Royale Hotels in Orlando. If so what are your comments?
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 10:38 AM

Hi India,

I have stayed at the Hilton in Walt Disney world ( by Downtown Disney).

It is a good hotel with an number of restaurants. It has two large swimming pools plus a childrens pool and spa and workout room ( large). The rooms are large and comfortable.
It is a short walk to Downtown Disney with all the shops ( just across the road).
There is a regular bus serive to all the Disney theme parks ( ie every 30mins to WDW and Epcot)
I think of selected days of the week you get 1 hour early entry to a selected park.
I think the character breakfast is on a sunday.

I recommend the hotel.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 11:07 AM

India, we stayed at the Caribe Royale a little over two years ago and I was not impressed. "Living room" of suite was tiny, sofa bed uncomfortable, bathroom left much to be desired in cleanliness. But, like I said, that was two years ago and things might have changed.
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks guys for your comments. I guess I should have elaborated. My husband and I are going on a cruise and these hotels were part of the pre-stay package. We have no children so the characters aren't important, but hopefully we'll come home pregnant!!!
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 11:17 AM

India- when nytraveler asked "For what? By whom?, he or she was pointing out that it is always helpful to give us some idea of who is traveling and what you plan on doing while "there". That way our recommendations will be of true use to you.

For example, the Caribe Royale may have the hottest night life this side of the Mississippi and if you are 20 something and single it might be "preferred". But if you are a family of four with toddlers looking for the most magical trip possible to WDW then the hotel won't work for you at all.

By giving your fellow Fodorites some context we can better assist you in identifying which of the hotels is "preferred".
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 11:19 AM

India - I see you got the point without my post. Stay at the Hilton, its close to Downtown Disney so you can enjoy your last days of life "BC" (before children). Check out City Walk at Universal too, the Pat O'Briens there is fun.
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

bennnie, i'm now leaning towards the caribe royale because they have a building that's children free and it's closer to the outlets. i'm sure once we do start our family the hilton would be best because of the extra perks for children. thanks for the advice and i'll keep that in mind for future inquiries.