Hershey with 3 year old and dog

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any advice on a clean place to stay around Hershey in October? I am traveling with my 3.5 year old son and his little dog...need something easy on Mom who is awaiting a kidney transplant and low on energy. A suite would be ideal. We've heard Dutch Wonderland is a good kiddie stop on our way to see family in Kentucky. Yes? No?
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 08:33 AM

Ummm... LIVE -- how does your reply help Piandpuppy? And I assume your are aware there is no adverstising on Fodors?

Editors -- please delete the above reply!!

Piandpuppy -- Dutch Wonderland is a good stop, not too sure since I've only been once when I was little. The Hershey entrance musuem is a lot of fun for all ages. What is your budget? There are a lot of good hotels in the area. Hopefully someone will have specific recos for you.
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 10:10 AM

Dutchwonderland is perfect for 4 year old - just check online for hours and times in the fall. It's low-key rides and little kid shows, easy to talk around. There are lots of chain hotels at Hershey (Best Western, Fairfield Inn etc) they are fine, close and clean. We stayed at BW the one with a pool with a sprinkler and it was fine. GL
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 11:34 AM

For starters, Dutch Wonderland is in Lancaster and is probably closed in October -- at least during the week. Check their hours for when you're planning to go; it IS ideal for a 4 year old. Hershey itself is no longer, IMO, worth a tour, and HersheyPark is probably closed as well.

With a dog, your options may be limited. Try the Best Western on Eden Road in Lancaster, who used to take pets and have suites. Best Westerns vary greatly -- several years ago this one was fine, but that may have changed.

B/
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 11:52 AM

A google search for "dog friendly Hershey" yielded the result below...hope it helps.

http://www.pets-allowed-hotels.com/u...vania/HERSHEY/
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 01:16 PM

Hersheypark will be open in October for Halloween, but mainly the late hours.

http://www.hersheypa.com/attractions...halloween.html
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone...needed to know the wonderland is closed in October except on weekends, that may sway us. Any other stops 'round those parts worth a night for a mom a kid and their dog?