Help with last minute spring break plans

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone offer me any suggestions? Our spring break is in 2 1/2 weeks and we haven't found a place to go! I've done a search on last minute travel and most of the sites only allow you to plan for 4 people and we have 5 in our family. Kids are 6,8 and 10. We want to go somewhere warm and family friendly. We wanted to take advantage of discounts offered at the last minute. Ideas on websites or vacation spots would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM
Ike

Gertie it would help if you would tell us if you are on a budget or first class, where you are traveling from and places you "think" you would like to go. You can go to Destin, FL and stay at a wonderful Hilton on the beach in warm, nice weather on one of the greatest beaches in the U. S. in rooms that will accomodate 5/6/7 folks. Tell us more.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 05:31 PM

Try Site 59 <http://www.site59.com> for last minute travel ideas.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 05:41 PM

Those are good ages to go to Disney
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 06:39 PM
wow

Go to www.TUG2.net & look @ the Classifieds section. Also go to BBS Login @ TUG & check the "Rentals Offered" section for 45 days in advance.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 07:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Ike, we prefer more luxury accomodations. We live in the southeast and have spent many spring breaks in the panhandle and it is nice but too cold to swim in March. We tried to go to Disney but they would not guarantee us adjoining rooms and we thought that was too big of a risk to take. I know there are rooms that sleep 5 but we wanted some separation from the kids. Also I read the many posts about how dreadfully crowded Disney is at Spring Break.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Ike, we prefer more luxury accomodations. We live in the southeast and have spent many spring breaks in the panhandle and it is nice but too cold to swim in March. We tried to go to Disney but they would not guarantee us adjoining rooms and we thought that was too big of a risk to take. I know there are rooms that sleep 5 but we wanted some separation from the kids. Also I read the many posts about how dreadfully crowded Disney is at Spring Break. We have thought about a cruise, or somewhere in south Florida, or maybe the California coast.
Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 04:59 AM

A cruise would be the way to go in my opinion.
We just got back from a Southern Carib. Cruise on Royal Caribbean...had a great, great time