Reload this Page >

help with condos in maui

Search

help with condos in maui

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 05:45 PM
Betty

help with condos in maui

We will be going to Maui in sept or Oct. What condos would you suggest? I would really like something no more than 200.00 a night. Any info would be appreciated. Just started looking and planning this trip. Betty

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Sandy

Napili Point are great condo's on a rocky oceanfront, and a short walk along a path to incredible Napili Bay, one of the most picturesque beaches on Maui.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 08:25 PM
B.G.

We rented a suite at the WHALER on Kaanapali Beach and just loved the sunsets and accessibility to great restaurants and golf! We've also stayed in Kihea and DO NOT recommend it (only for dinner @ Carelli's on the beach - be sure to ask for table #7 at sunset (& go by 5:30!!). B.G.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Michelle

We have gone to Maui every year for the past 15 years and always stay at the Whaler. You can't beat the location. It is great for families, right on the beach, and right next to a village with good restaurants and shops. But beware that each unit is individually owned, so decorating styles differ.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Nancy

We've been staying at Grand Champions Villas in Wailea once a year for the past five years and we really think it's the best. It's got very spacious units and the complex itself is lovely. We always rent a unit directly from an owner and except for one year when we weren't able to get one always choose a unit on the golf course. We love having our morning coffee while seated on the lanai watching the golfers. September and October is a great time to be in Maui. Have a great vacation!

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 03:08 PM
dejahma

I third the whaler as far as location . It definately beats Napili in mho. I have had good luck renting by owner from maui dreams. A nice 2nd floor studio condo at reasonable rates. The condo is nicely decorated and I have stayed there twice in the past year.

In the past three years I have stayed at the papakea, kaanapali shores, whaler, pioneer, sheraton, and lahina shores. I can give you my opinions if you want or you can find them here in the archives. I have never paid more than 150 per night.

aloha

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Becky

Look at the website vacationspot.com
Then, be advised of this:
Kihei/Maalea Harbor area is very central, sunnier and drier than the Kaanapali/Kapalua areas. (Wailea is sunnier, also, but not central for car tripping.) The beaches in Kihea are mostly windsurfing beaches, OK to swim in Maalea area.
Kaanapali/Kapalua have dynamite beaches, but the weather is humid, and more misty to rainy. Also not central.
There are other areas in which to stay, of course, these are just the common ones.
Alot depends on the beach and the weather you want, will you want to get in the ocean or just use the pool? I loved watching the windsurfers when we stayed at Maui Sunset Condos (Kihei).
I can recommend them to you unless you want something REALLY deluxe. The grounds are beautiful. You will find them on the website mentioned. Good Luck! I'm happy to help again any time.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 05:23 PM
joy

Where is the WHALER located? Is it near Kaanapali Shores(which does offer a wonderful condo and restaurant on the grounds)? Please list the web-site for The Whaler. Thanks very much.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 08:18 PM
p

Hi.. depends to some extent upon what you like to do & wishes re night life etc.
Last time(10/00)we stayed at Noelani Condo north of Lahaina, they aren't a/c but in October that doesn't matter. Nice setting and a small operation, no problems, price was about $120 for studio unit.
This time we're thinking of the same place,or The Whaler to be on Kaanapali beach itself (but it costs a lot more tho).
You can find 'em all on the web with a "google" or look in www.wizardpub.com (the Maui Revealed book online). Noelani is in AAA book. You pays your $$ and takes your choice, but it's a great island.
Have fun, maybe see you there !
p.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 04:54 AM
dejahma

The Whaler is located right next to the Whaler's Villiage. The K. Shores has a resturant, but I would not call it a good one. It is ok and the only one within easy walking distance of the mahana, papakea and k shores. The grounds of the k shores are imho nicer than the whaler's but the beach in front of the whaler is way mo betta. This is the website we rented from http://www.maui.net/~youdream/ you can type Whaler in any search engine and find rentals by various management companies and owners. We always try to rent by owner. The aston is the main management company now and charges the highest prices as far as I can tell. Good luck.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Nancy

We stayed @ Whaler last year. Rented from mauibeachrentals.com. Ocean view for $170 pn w/taxes. Great location,view and beach,very convenient. Ocean view you see the ocean and mountains. You cannot go wrong there. We will be staying @ Maui Kai this year. Ocean front condos $50 per night less. There are vacancies there now. And only a few min driving distance from Kaanapali restarants & shops. Enjoy !!