HELP NEEDED!! HOTEL IN MIAMI BEACH!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi!! I posted a message a while ago about something similar...My parents go every year to miami beach and have always been to the Fontainbleau Hilton. Last time they tried the Sheraton Bal Habour and said it was very old and don't want to go again. They are thinking of going to the Ritz Carlton in Key Biscane...what do you think?? any other suggestions?? any help will be welcome!!
thank you once again!!!
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 05:03 PM

Carlota,

Hello,

Well there are a lot of great hotels in Miami. Personally I love the Mandarin Oriental. Also try the Hyatt Regency, or maybe even the Four Seasons.

Please drop me a line if you need any help deciding.
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

thanks, but from what i see in the websites, these hotels are in Miami, but not in Miami Beach. It's a must they have a good beach (they LOVED the Fontenebleau Hilton's Beach....)
any other one???
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 06:41 AM

Key Biscayne has a lovely beach, but it's much quieter there than Miami Beach. If they like to walk around and have a lot of activity nearby, it may not be an ideal place for them.

What's wrong with the Fountainbleau?
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ach_Florida.ht

I think we need some more info on what they like to do and whether they rent a car. Are they particularly avoiding South Beach? There's a Hilton Club with apartments.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ch_Florida.htm
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

thanks! last time they went to the Fontainbleau they said there was a lot of noise from the nearby construction and that it would take some time for the hotel to be "itself" again..
they always rent a car because they like to be able to go to shopping sites, restaurants, etc. and they say a car is necesary in Miami Beach...
I think many years ago my father stayed in the Ritz for business and as they don't know any other hotel they were thinking of trying it...
Abou South Beach, too many people and noise for them...
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 01:12 PM

The big question is what do you want to do? I wouldn't want to be out in Key Biscayne if you want to come back to Sobe every day.

The Ritz on Collins is fine, and is dead center to all the action and great beaches.

You don't need a car there unless you are planning on driving outside of the beach are to shop or visit. If you intend on staying in SOBE for your visit, then you can walk or cab it to everything.
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

the Ritz Plaza is closed until 2009...the loved where the fontenbleau is...to be honest I have no idea where Key Biscane is...The thing is they don't know any other option...Last time they went I told them to take a look at Rosewood's Aqualina, but I don't think they liked it from the outside: Anyone been there??
I'm sure they won't be going to South Beach very often (if they go at all...)
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 04:19 PM

I wonder where GoTravel is. She's an expert on Miami Beach as is rkkwan I think.

Maybe, if they don't want to be near South Beach, they should consider Ft. Lauderdale? It's not that far.

www.lagomar.com
www.marriottharborbeach.com

If they don't need hotel services, there are a number of nice apartment buildings in mid beach Miami Beach where they might find vacation rentals.

I think Key Biscayne is an option, but it is removed. How long is their stay?
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 05:10 PM

What hotel are we talking about here? The Ritz Carlton is open. I don't know anything about the Ritz Plaza.
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Proper...ch/Default.htm

I often put up friends/relatives at the Fountain Bleu...last time just 2 months ago. Yes there is construction going on and the pool is closed but I have never noticed the noise.

If you don't want to be in South Beach then perhaps you should try Ft Lauderdale or Key Biscayne. If you want to just hang out and do very little, and SOBE is not something you want to take advantage of then either location would be ok.
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

one of the things they liked most of the fontenebleau was the pool, it's really a pity its closed...
sorry! my mistake! I did't know there was another Ritz Carlton in South Beach...Even though They don't usually go to SOBE, if they go to a "classic" hotel like the Ritz, maybe I can make them change their minds...Is it a nice hotel?? do you know if it has a nice beach?? any opinion on this hotel (Ritz Carlton South Beach)will be aprecciated!!!
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

By the way, nobody recommends the Acqualina (Rosewood) My parent's didn't like it because they said it seemed huge from the outside...nobody been there??
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 02:01 PM

My DH and I had the pleasure of staying at the RCKB and we loved every minute we were there. We were upgraded to a Club suite and we had such a great time. The beach is very nice too. And the service at the Hotel was Outstanding. Check out the RCKB website they have some packages too.

We used to stay at the Sheraton Bal Harbor years ago. We used to Love the place, but the service really was lacking and it was over run by rotten, misbehaving spoiled kids. We about walked out last time we were there. The room we had reserved was given away and my DH stood toe to toe with the manager about it and she was a real snot. Well, come to find out they were shooting a movie there (analyis this?) and Robert De Niro had taken our room and all the others on that floor. After much haggeling and hustling we ended up staying.

Old Sep 16th, 2007, 05:12 PM

If they don't mind driving, then the RCKB is the place for them.

As others have mentioned, Key Biscayne is a little removed from the action of Miami, but it is really only a short drive away to Coconut Grove, Coral Gables and South Beach and the resturants around the Brickell area.

Key Biscayne is very laid back, and the beach is excellent. I love it there and would not want to stay anywhere else in SE Florida.
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

they have finally listened to my suggestion and have booked a room at Acqualina!!!! I'm personally DYING to know that hotel, so I'll let you know their "feeling" when they get back!!
thank you all for your help!!