Search

help me please

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help me please

I am a army wife and about to go be with my husband in germany.But I dont know what all happens when traveling overseas?
What do they check for when leaving and arriving there?Like warrants background?
How long does it take?
Please help me....

My older soon thinks he may have a warrant and I checked online didnt see anything.I just need to know if he has a warrant and we get to airport he wont be arrested then and there or when we get there.Do they check for that going and coming?
thank you and god bless
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 09:04 PM

He will likely have more trouble getting back into the US than out. I have no idea if Germany can check on US warrants.

It must be difficult for both of you to have that warrant (or no warrant) hanging over his head - even a simple traffic stop could be a problem. Usually the worry about such things is worse than the eventual outcome - I suggest getting it cleared up now.
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 10:32 PM

Hello hiswifey, why does your son think he has a warrant. And what type of warrant? Traffic? Criminal? It sounds to me like you need to contact an attorney immediately. That is what I would do in this situation. Best regards along with a thank you for your husband's service to our country and your sacrifice with having your husband in the army. Do contact an attorney to get this matter cleared up hiswifey!
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 05:42 AM

If your son thinks he may have a warrant then he knows where the something he did happened. Call the law enforcement agency representing that area (city police or county Sheriff) and ask if there is a warrant. If there is, have him turn himself in. Way better to clear this up sooner than later.

Old Oct 4th, 2008, 06:19 AM

Nice that people here helped, instead of the often-seen "you are being way too general in your subject" or "you're in the wrong forum"!
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 07:19 AM

sylvia3, I think that suggesting to new posters that they post in the forum where they're most likely to get answers, and that they actually put their qestion in the subject line, again to increase their chances of getting answers is designed to be helpful.
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 07:33 AM

who said it wasn't?
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 08:19 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I would try to get it cleared up *before* going to the airport.

I am not a legal expert and have no idea if warrants come up when they check passport information, but that certainly seems a possibility.
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM

It will very much depend on the what the warrant is for - and how linked in the locality is. If we're talking traffic tickets I doubt it's on any national list the airlines will have. Nevertheless he should clear it up for all sorts of other reasons (work, school etc).

If it's more than just traffic - agree to get an attorney and take care of it now - before it gets worse - or he ends up being pulled in for it. (Localities often pick a certain period each year to clear up warrants and go out looking for all those with outstanding warrants.)

And if the warrant is for something more than traffic - it MIGHT turn up when he tries to check in for a flight.
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 01:09 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You need a passport to travel.

Depends on what kind of warrant you are talknig about if it would prevent leaving the U.S. or not.
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM

If your son 'thinks' he may have a warrant out on him your best bet is to get some legal help. The odds are your son knows if there is one and what it is for as well..... If you are near a major military installation go/call the JAG office (Legal Office) and explain the situation to them. That is what they are there for.. They may be able to help. You do not want to miss your flight. If the military cannot help seek legal help from a local source. This situation needs to be cleared up prior to departing CONUS on military orders.
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 02:48 PM

Whether you're travelling or not, I think it's a big PRIORITY for you and your son to find out exactly what his warrant situation is. If the warrant IS in place, he could get arrested here in the US if he's pulled over for speeding for example.

Further note to son...don't wait until it's time to travel to bring something like this up.

One should never have a question as to whether or not there is a warrant out.