Search

Help It's 40,,, BELOW Where Do We Go

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help It's 40,,, BELOW Where Do We Go

while holding a blow torch to some frozen pipes ,
a small voice overcomes the screaming of my wife Carmen .
During her final days of maturity leave after having Coltin , our newborn son she explains to Gunner, my 2 1/2 year old it isn't nice to flush toys down the toilet.
THE VOICE I heard said FLORIDA.

I found some airline tickets to Orlando on hotwire $ 150.00 leaving Hartford 1/31/2004 to Orlando 2/07/2004.
next is a car I figure $240 on average .
Our objective is to relax and enjoy the warm weather with the kids .
Ok this is when I Need all of your HELP.
WHERE do we stay ? should we book all the rooms before leaving ? or just one then search around.
what would be the best place to stay for comfort and value. is it off season right now ? any good sales as of right now .

all help would be appreciated

Murphy Again

[email protected]

Old Jan 17th, 2004, 08:05 AM

We always stay in Kissimmee, which is only a couple miles from the Disney properties (you didn't mention Disney but I'm assuming that's where you're taking the kids). Especially if you have a car, there's no problem getting around, and the prices are so low that you can use that money you're saving to help with park tickets. There are lots of "suite" hotels in Kissimmee, which will give you plenty of room to spread out with the family. Most include breakfast. Try Homewood Suites, Quality Suites, Days Suites, etc. All offer excellent value. Happy travels!
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Yes ,

kopp,

we should have mentioned Disney. We do have free passes to the parks ( gifts from Awhile ago ) . our sons are 3 mounths and 2 1/2 years old .i dont know if they will trully apreciate the parks .
but we will see .
I remember gator land ,is that close BY ?
Also do you think it is a good idea to book a airboat ride . would it be to cold ? are the kids to young ?

Thank you for your quick responce.

cheers
Murphy
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 08:27 AM

Off season? You've got to be kidding. February starts the beginning of the highest season in Florida. However, like anywhere, there are always some sales around.

I got an email from Jet Blue this morning with amazing specials for $69 each way Boston to Florida locations.
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 09:05 AM

You're going the beginning of Feb. so it won't be like spring breakers there yet. But no, it certainly won't be low attendance like, say, early November or early December. I still say Disney is fun with any age kid. (We're going there on Tuesday for a week--and my kids are in college!!)

Gator Land is okay, rather pricey. Depending on how you feel about it, they've got baby alligators and then purses/belts made out of skins. It's an actual "farm", so to speak. The jumping gator show is cute. I'd probably pass on that for the kids.

They'll really like the Animal Kingdom; take your time through the jungle treks--the gorillas, bats, and tigers are definitely going to be a hit with your son!

It's also a treat for them to find out where the Disney characters are throughout the days. Getting up close and personal with Mickey, Goofy, etc. is a highlight in any kid's eye. Check schedules when entering. It's well-documented where you'll find them in each park.

It's helpful to try allearsnet.com. They've got very useful planning tools.

Good luck!