Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Help? How many days should we spend in Hawaii?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 02:12 PM
George

Planning on going to Maui this year? How many days should we spend? Thinking at least 10 days due to the long flight. Would also visit some other islands. Maybe doing a 1 day tour. Please advise.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 05:15 PM
p.

Our first trip to Maui was 10 days; seemed about right at the time. Last trip met a retired couple who were on their third month - now that sounds more like it ! Recently had to limit to a week and that is too short, it's the fourth or fifth day before you feel unwound enough to not feel guilty about doing nothing but read on the beach!

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 05:27 PM
dcp

10-14 days is a nice amount of time. However, I would try and limit myself to approximately 2 islands with that amount of time. I prefer Kauai and the Big Island but that's just me. enjoy!

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Paradise

To go to Paradise, 10 days is great. 14 wonderful 20+ pure bliss (addiction)!!

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Dot

I went to Maui last May for 1 month. This was my 14 visit. I would stay for here for the entire time. I feel it takes to much time to do a day trip. You have to drive back to the airport, check in, wait for flight, etc. Just stay where you are and enjoy what Maui has to offer. They have a web site of 101 things to do there. You want go wrong because they offer so many activities.