Healdsburg Suite/Cottages??

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH and I are going to hit the Sonoma Valley (Healdsburg) in the last half of Sept. We will be coming in on a Monday and leaving on Friday.

We really prefer lodging that has a room with a separate living room (e.g. you can close the door) I expect to pay $250-350 a night. We want to be in town--5-15 minutes walking to restaurants and shops. I am open to hotels, B&Bs, cottages, bungalows, apartment, etc as long as we can get a spacious suite with separate living room. Would love to hear your recommendations.

(I was DELIGHTED to hit this part of the boards and see Stu Dudley's name and trip report. Stu's reports and advice formed the backbone for our France wine trip last fall--I have already bookmarked his extensive posting on touring the Sonoma Valley!)
Old May 25th, 2008, 06:27 AM

I would check out www.sonomacountyvacations.com They have listings in all price ranges for vacation rentals in the Healdsburg area. There are also several B&B's that have been mentioned before in the Hbg area. Camillia Inn, comes to mind, as does Grape Leaf inn. Madrona Manor too. But you might have to stay a bit out of town and use your car. Distances are not that far, and its quiet and peaceful in the surrounding area.
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

I did check out the Sonoma County site which is really good--I was hoping for any personal recommendations, which I really value. I have found some great places in the past based on the word of mouth of these boards. e.g has anybody tried the "downtown apartment"? DH and I rented a 1 BR apartment in Burgundy, France last year and it was fantastic. While B&B hosts are usually wonderful, we prefer to have more space and do the self service thing.

We really do want to be able to walk to town--We want to be able to drink wine at dinner and then walk home vs. drive
Old May 25th, 2008, 11:07 AM

I have not been to this area, so I'm not sure of the location of this lodging with reference to where you want to be, but it looks really nice; bungalows313.com. Some of the units have a kitchen as well as separate living room area. Hope it helps!
Old May 25th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

I liked the looks of that too, but it is in Sonoma and I am trying to stick with Healdsburg. (I have to have something to base this trip on and that seems to be the recommended spot)Anybody stayed at the Piper Street Inn?
Old May 26th, 2008, 06:12 AM

Well what ever the room its going to be nice. You probably won't spend that much time there anyway. I have not heard of Piper St. Inn. Have you tried checking on Trip Advisor? They get pretty specific on that board.
Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 05:10 AM

To the OP - did you book a cottage? If so, thru which site? We are looking at doing similar and also want to stay w/in walking distance of Healdsburg square. THX
Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 06:16 AM

This is for Psully. I still think you should check out vacation rentals at www.sonomacountyvacations.com or call Sotherby's reality and ask for Gayle Ryan (707 433 6555) and see what they have for vacation rentals that are small apartments. Even if you are 5 minutes out of Healdsburg, you are not far, and will find the peace and quiet of the countryside enjoyable. You will be able to find several listings in your price range, I'm sure.
Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

The Camellia (sp?) Inn has apartments that it rents in downtown Healdsburg. The criteria for us was to be in town so that we could walk to dinner and walk back as well as walk around town and back to our lodging. It looks good on the website. I will be sure to post a trip report after our Sept visit!