Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Heading for Texas! Need to find hotels with Texas shaped pool!

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 08:47 AM
REN
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While it is not the only reason we are going to southern Texas, we want to swim in Texas shaped pools! Anyone know of hotels in the San Antonio or New Braunfels area where we can find one? A web site would be very helpful so we can see what it looks like.

thanks you-all!
This is our first trip to Texas. Hawaii is our following trip this summer!
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 09:10 AM

We stayed at a hotel just south of Waco on south bound I-35 (toward San Antonio) which had a nice little texas shaped pool. Great for kids because it was fenced in with a locking gate and the kids could swim from the Mexico boarder to Oklahoma in 15 seconds. I think it was a Comfort hotel or one of those in that chain. Most of the pools at hotels are square, so I would recommend calling ahead about the pool.

FYI, just to let you know it is spelled y'all instead of you-all. just a friendly little hint. Good luck. I agree that there should be more information available about Texas shaped pools because they can really add a lot of fun activities to a Texas vacation.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 09:50 AM
jor

OK, I will be as nice as possible. But your travel stops and destinations seem to be based on a Texas shaped pool, and is a little shallow, pardon the pun.

Are there any other things we can help you with concerning the attractions in South Texas? You can probably find a Texas shaped pool easily wherever you travel in Texas. Good luck.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 09:59 AM

Good to see that registration hasn't completely stemmed the flow of troll postings! If you can't find a suitable Texas-shaped pool, you might try wandering a bit southwards to the Gulf of Mexico? Why settle for a little Texas-shaped pool when you can stay on the coast of a Texas-sized pool?
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 10:22 AM

Big Money D, Ren has a dream to swim in a Texas shaped pool when she goes to Texas and that is a legitimate travel question. She obviously is asking about a pool, not the Gulf of Mexico. You do not need to be sarcastic. Ren, please accept my apologies for his remarks. If I wanted advise about certain shaped pools I would expect that I would get a respectful answer, not non sence.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 10:40 AM

I lived in and traveled through Texas for 30 years, and don't ever recall seeing a Texas shaped pool. I'm glad wemr could point you in the right direction.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 11:16 AM

I did a google search earlier on "Texas Shaped Pool" and came up with a few, but the one closest to your needs is in Kerville. Try doing a search and see what you come up with.

I think there is a Texas shaped pool in or near San Antonio, but it wasn't at a hotel...Possibly at a amusement area. Again, check google.

Google rocks, FYI.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 11:31 AM

Kerrville's great! I go there each year for Christmas. It's an hour or so away from San Antonio, in the Hill Country.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 02:12 PM

I have no idea but sure got a chuckle! It sounds like a scavenger hunt! Made me think about trips a little differently - seeing silly or funny stuff as well as all the typical 'tourist' stuff. Hope you are successful at finding one! Haha
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 02:18 PM

Wow, even California-shaped pools exist Google says!

Anybody else checked their home state shaped pool existance?
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 02:25 PM

A CA shaped pool? I'd be afraid of hitting my head on San Francisco Bay while swimming laps.

Now a New York-shaped pool would be tight. With a Long Island shaped jacuzzi right along side.

Or how about a Massachusetts shaped pool... with a slender snaking swimming channel to the end of Cape Cod, where I would install seats for a semi-circular swim-up bar.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 04:18 PM

Beware of bodily fluids in Texas Shaped Pools. Specifically, be on the watch for semen and urine. Thanks.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 04:21 PM

why in Texas-shaped pools, specifically?
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 08:20 PM
jor

I found a nice Colorado shaped pool at the Motel 6 on IH-10 just west of Houston (east bound). You might want to check it out and thank God for Fodors.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 06:02 AM

Our neighbors in Santa Monica (where I used to live) have a California-shaped pool. I never swam in it but I don't believe anyone has ever gotten injured around San Francisco Bay...

JOR, I think I've seen one of those "Colorado-shaped" pools somewhere, too. Next to the hotel with the Wyoming-shaped pool. LOL
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 12:03 PM
jor

DixieChick, maybe it was a Wyoming shaped pool instead of a Colorado shaped pool. I had a few drinks.

I wonder if there are any Hawaii shaped pools. I think it would look like a bunch of pot holes after a rain storm.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 12:08 PM

Would a Texas shaped pool also be bigger than any other pool?
While Rhode Islands pools would be really more of a little tub
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 12:13 PM

I can't stop laughing about the colorado shaped pool. I know this isn't a helpful travel post, but I really have to thank you, jor. Its one of those things that is not completely hysterical in and of itself (like if I tried to tell someone the joke it would fall on its face), but it just hit me and I can't stop laughing. 15 mins and still laughing.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 12:27 PM

The Maui Lu on Maui has A pool in the shape of Maui.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 03:50 PM
jor

I just woke up on the couch. I think that the Colorado shaped pool could have been a Washington D.C. pool after remembering that D.C. is a square tipped at an angle.