Harrah's - October 14

Search

Harrah's - October 14

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harrah's - October 14

I am going to a conference in October. The "important" people are staying at the Venetian where the conference is taking place, I'm booked into Harrah's. I have checked their website but there aren't many photos and I'm really interested in the pool area. Also wondering about a single woman going back and forth between Harrah's and the Venetian. I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks.
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 12:40 PM

Hello Senga,
check out http://www.cheapovegas.com, click on Harrah's. There's a short paragraph describing their pool area.
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 02:22 PM

Stayed there October 2004. Pool areas is ok, nothing special...not big. There are lounges, chairs, a bar, wait service and I think you can rent a cabana[only a few of those]. Their pools doesn't not compare with any of the other big name hotels.

Venetian is a short walk away and the sidewalks between them were always busy. I walked w/out incident along most of the strip.

Hope this helps...
Debi
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 02:28 PM

Venetian is very close, definitely within a walking distance. I wouldn't worry about safety - people walk on the strip all the time. Location is great - in the middle of the strip.
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 03:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. The location/safety sounds like non-issues but the pool is a major disappointment since it seems to be the only one that is not heated and is closed in October! Guess I'll just have to use my time at Harrah's to see the sights and then move elsewhere for a few days when the conference is over.
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 04:03 AM

Senga,

If you are interested in a nice pool area, try and stay at the Mirage. It has a fabulous pool area and I believe the Venetian was across the street. Will the pools be open at that time? WE stayed at the Mirage and the pool was an outstanding feature.
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 06:03 AM

Harrah's is a short walk to Venetian. It's been a zillion years since we stayed at Harrah's and I don't remember the pool. We normally stay at the Mirage and their pool is lovely if that is really important to you.

As for safety - the Strip is full of people day and night. I would use normal caution (it is a city after all and full of all kinds of people) but in general it's as lit up at night on the Strip as daytime I am in Vegas often and there really is alot of security in the hotels, etc.
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 02:45 PM

We like Harrah's--big rooms with big windows and they are nicely furnished, but not extravagantly so.

You will always be walking with dozens or hundreds of other tourists on a very brightly lit sidewalk, bridge, etc.