Harbor Place, Baltimore, Maryland

Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 03:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harbor Place, Baltimore, Maryland

Hi! How many days should we plan to stay at Harbor Place? We would like an ideal location, contemporary hotel, with a pool. Saturday nights seem fun with the complimentary concerts; is there any other Don't Miss activity? Suggestions? Thank you very, very much!

Suzy
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 04:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
If you are a baseball fan, check to see whether the O's are playing at home and who they are playing. The National Aquarium is on the Inner Harbor as is one of the oldest ships in the US Navy (Constellation).
You can also take a water taxi to see Fort McHenry. Which direction are you headed from Baltimore?
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kinds of things do you like. Are you with kids in tow? Tomfuller suggested visiting the Constellation and right near the ship is the WWII submarine USS Torsk which you can also go through and it is interesting. The Maryland Science Center is on the Inner Harbor - most exhibits are interactive and it is a good place to visit if you like such places. It has an Imax theater that is usually featuring interesting films. Adjacent to Harbor Place is the Museum of Visual Arts which is a fun offbeat place. Its gift shop is fun too and I would suggest a visit (we are members there). A quick water taxi ride will take you to historic Fells Point with its small shops and restaurants. Fells Point also has The Vagabond Players playhouse which often has good productions and inexpensive tickets. Since B'more is not large Harbor Place can be a good base for visiting the rest of the city. Baltimore's Lexington Market dates back to the 1780's and has stalls and restaurants selling/serving pretty much any kind of food you want. IMO it is a must visit. Faidley's Sea Food is an institution in the market and many claim the best crab cakes in the city are to be had there. You can also choose from the large variety of shrimp and prawns from Faidley's market and they will steam them for you with Old Bay for a very nominal cooking charge. And of course B'more has some excellent museums as well.

I can't really give you hotel suggestions in Harbor Place since I have never stayed in one but I hear the ones around the harbor are nice. I can give you restaurant suggestions if you like.