Reload this Page >

HAPUNA BEACH HOTEL - BI

Search

HAPUNA BEACH HOTEL - BI

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 05:06 AM
Val

HAPUNA BEACH HOTEL - BI

I have already booked The Outrigger Waikaloa for our 25 anniversary next August. But I got a similar rate for The Hapuna Beach, just a little more expensive. Is it the hotel and the beach that more beautiful that justifies spending more money? I've heard everything is so much expensive at Hapuna BH. Is it true? Is there a place near the hotel where we can have breakfast at reasonable prices? How much would cost a drink at the pool?
PLEASE help me decide! Any comments on these matters will help me a lot!! Thanks.

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 06:13 AM
dcp

I'm assuming you're actually referring to the Hapuna Prince Hotel which shares it's beach with Hapuna Beach (best public beach on the entire island). We stayed at the Hapuna Prince a couple of summers ago and loved it. It's owned and operated by the same people who manage the Mauna Kea Beach resort. If you play golf and/or looking for a great beach then this is the place for you! I know some people on here complain about how quiet and sterile they felt the Hapuna Prince to be. We loved the quiet, great beach, and beautiful views. Not sure what you're looking for but Hapuna is approximately 30-40 minutes north of Kona. Enjoy!

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 06:17 AM
dcp

Sorry, I forgot to mention that drinks and food are a bit on the pricey side at the Hapuna Prince. However, it was about what I expected for a first rate hotel on the beach in Hawaii. You might consider buying alcohol and making drinks in your room to carry to the pool, etc. (rooms have a mini fridge). Also, there's a small town nearby with several restaurants & grocery shop which will help you save some money.

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 08:24 AM
anne

My husband and I stayed at the Outrigger 2 years ago and really liked the property. The beach was beautiful, the rooms were very spacious and clean and the staff was wonderful. We loved the fact that it was not too congested on the beach and it was somewhat peaceful and quiet. We have been to the islands a few times and will plan on staying here again next year. I think a drink at the pool would cost between $5-$7. You will not go wrong if you stay here.

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 09:46 AM
natalie

Do you have children? If not I would opt for the Hapuna. Currently pliceline has been selling the rooms for $165/nt. Stayed there last Dec. on another package and had a nice time. The beach is probably the best (in conj. w/ Mauna Kea). Very nice and quiet. Breakfast buffet is $25pp and not worth it IMHO, in general food was expensive but they all are. Have a Happy Holiday = )