Happy Hour restaurants Waikiki

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

favorite Happy hour places in Waikiki? will be there for a few days in November....
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:24 PM

There is an app called Happy Hour Pal which will showcase the best Happy Hours in Hawaii and beyond. It actually was an app that started in Hawaii and was successful.

Also this list is pretty comprehensive but note that not all of them are in Waikiki. http://www.hawaiideals.kweblydesigns.com/happyhour

Most of the restaurant bars and hotel bars in Waikiki will have happy hour specials. Dukes, Tikis, Hula Grill, all those places will have some sort of Happy hour. For something different try Genius Lounge. Also a wonderful experience but not really a happy hour are sunset drinks at House Without a Key at the Halekulani. Beautiful sunset views, a renown hula dancer, and 5-star drinks and pupus. Much cheaper and more casual than La Mer which is the fine dining restaurant at Halekulani.
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 10:42 PM

Dukes hands down....going there for over 50 years(40 of them legal age...)
best people watching in the heart of craziness with the hordes of impressive yet ridiculous humanity clustering in Waikiki. sure, thousands of other venues with various draw in deals and concoctions ...all depends on the stagger distance to your room.
Better idea? grab your partner, small cooler of poke and pinot and head to sandy beach, Diamond head lookout...somewhere where savoring authentic unscripted makes a true impression.
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 09:09 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The beach bar at Hale Koa (it's a military hotel but the beach bar is open to the public). GREAT setting, great prices and drinks, some snacks on the menu. It's fantastic. Enter from the beach.
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the tips ...been to dukes and it is waay too loud for me so will keep looking, also have done hula grill and tiki grill was hoping for some more. will try HaleKoa and I like the idea of wine and our own snacks on the beach or Mt. top ...the website u gave tifa 2276 only showed one place but wouldn't open any other unless I put it in another window which I do not understand. thanks again
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 06:33 PM

Another vote for the Barefoot Bar at the Hale Koa. They do not have food at all, but you can bring anything in and they don't mind at all. They used to have snacks, but when we were there last this winter, that had changed.
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 02:56 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
thanks for the update mms (regarding no snacks anymore). still a great place, i'm sure.
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 03:08 PM

suze--Yeah, we tried to order some snacks and had to either go to the sandwich place or the exchange in the hotel. But they said to feel free to bring whatever in. It seemed odd the first time, but we quickly got over it
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:49 PM

Here's a list of Waikiki happy hours http://waikikimenus.com/happy_hours.php

My favorite place to go for sunset drinks is House Without a Key but as tifa2276 mentioned, no happy hour.
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the link Suze. Lots to choose from......Glad I am not there right now with the tropical storm slamming Hawaii...
Hope everything is okay there. have seen what hurricanes can do to the islands...